Sex!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Let's have a nice heated discussion again... what would the world be like if people didn't have sex outside of marriage, didn't cheat on each other, and took responsibility for their children?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
One thing's for sure. We wouldn't need nearly as many of those laws you're bitching about in another thread. Taxes could drop precipitously, as well.

S

s4

Also, if we lived in a world like that there would be no worry of Aids, Allimony, Welfare, or Gay Rights. If everyone was straight and true, the whole world would have no problems. The big problem is that no one can agree with what straight and true means. Some guy out in San Francisco with a crack pipe and a dildo would probably get pissed off because he thinks the whole world should be gay and on drugs.

Ok, you said you wanted a heated discussion. I gave ya the ammo for somebody to get uptight.

You ever see that movie Shane portrayed by Alan Ladd? At the end of the movie, he tells the kid to go grow up straight and honest. This topic reminds me of that movie.

trinity1

1 of 3
Sorry! I had to put this in the way the thread is going...

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say Im a dreamer,
but Im not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

(After all these years, I still think it's pretty cool lyrics)
((Did anyone see Neil Young do this song for the 9/11 benefit concert? I think it was a good version.))

:)

trinity1

1 of 3
s4 said:
You ever see that movie Shane portrayed by Alan Ladd? At the end of the movie, he tells the kid to go grow up straight and honest. This topic reminds me of that movie.

SHAME ON YOU SHANE!

:D :D :D

S

s4

Sex outside the marriage leads to all kinds of problems like drinking, drug abuse, abused children, divorces, and domestic violence. Now if you are saying that single people can have sex, once again that leads to single parent families, neglect, and emotional trauma if they have children.

S

s4

The moral decay of our society is the cause of much unhappiness in this world.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I on the other hand think that it is the very imposition of morality upon an unwilling populace that has made it all go awry.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Sex, in or out of marriage is a good thing.:worm: Always assuming, of course, the ability for both ADULTS to seperate sex from the other ambiguous feelings that come along.

Once pregnancy happens & a child is produced the rules change.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well i guess i'd be going to jail...sex in or out of marriage is cool if both parties are consenting.
But your world would end up being boring after awhile dude.

Professur

Mushroom at large
I would like to see less pre maritial sex. But my BIG issue is with a-holes having extra-maritial sex.

Of course, I'd like to see a lot less 'uninformed sex'. That is children who don't know any better having sex.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Also, if we lived in a world like that there would be no worry of Aids, Allimony, Welfare, or Gay Rights. If everyone was straight and true, the whole world would have no problems. The big problem is that no one can agree with what straight and true means. Some guy out in San Francisco with a crack pipe and a dildo would probably get pissed off because he thinks the whole world should be gay and on drugs.

Well, AIDS i'm not sure about, but divorce and gay rights would still certianly be an issue. It's definately not cool to be generailizing San Franciscoan's holding crackpipes and dildos though.

On another note if there was no pre-marital sex there would definately be a large rise in the number of divorces.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I hate to say it but a myriad of studies have shown that marriages that didnt have premarital sex survived much better than those that did. I would have thought the other way as well.

and its not crackpipes and dildoes ... its dildo shaped crack pipes.

Gonzo

Staff member
unclehobart said:
I hate to say it but a myriad of studies have shown that marriages that didnt have premarital sex survived much better than those that did.

I heard of some of those studies-damn that sucks.

Flavio said:
On another note if there was no pre-marital sex there would definately be a large rise in the number of divorces.

If people entered marriage with as much feeling and forethought as they enterd divorce, this wouldn't be a problem.

kuulani

s4 said:
Sex outside the marriage leads to all kinds of problems like drinking, drug abuse, abused children, divorces, and domestic violence. Now if you are saying that single people can have sex, once again that leads to single parent families, neglect, and emotional trauma if they have children.

I am not married and I'm pregnant, which means that I've had sex out of marriage. I do not have a drinking problem - although I like the taste of beer, I do not use drugs, I do not abuse children, I do not believe in divorce (which is why I'm taking my time in getting married) and I do not believe in domestic violence.

The idea that sex outside of marriage is bad stems from religious issues that some people have. My culture and religion sees nothing wrong with it. Do you have an ethnocentric comeback as to how my having sex will lead to the decay of American society?

kuulani

What is better anyway? Single-parent families, where the single parent is happier and more productive alone, or a forced marriage where both people are angry all the time?

Gonzo

Staff member
For about 40,000 years, homo sapien parentage has been a mother AND a father. With few exceptions(and "I just don't love him/her anymore" is not a valid excuse) that has proven a better, more fitting environment. Children need the balance of male & female, not their parents lovers entering & exiting.

*edited for the safety of all of us-that's too much too ask a pregnant woman, even to make a valid point...*

Why be angry all the time? Learn to get along & fall back in love.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Concpets of marriage may run second tier to familial and tribal cohesion. The kid will suffer no wants to be sure since there will be 30 aunts and uncles and 200 cousins.