Seriously need help

WTF should I do?

• Tell Friend B to stop screwing around (literally)

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Tell Friend A

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tell the daughter to stop screwing around (literally)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Igore them all and cocentrate on my own problems

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

law2

Friend A and Friend B are good friends. Same with me for 15 years. Friend A has teenage daughter. Friend B's sister is god mother to Friend's A's daughter.

Friend B is sleeping with Friend A's daughter.

law2

Could someone plz change option #2 to say "Tell Friend A". That'd make more sense.

Thanks

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Done

And that's what I think you should do.

Friend A is the parent and should choose in his/her own way how to deal with his/her daughter and Friend B.

Unless you were somehow involved further, I think you should stay out of it after that

fury

Administrator
Staff member
If I were you, I'd bite the bullet and break this one.

For Friend A's sake.

law2

Not possible to break promise. All friends will not like me. All will never trust me again.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
You promised friend B that you wouldn't tell friend A that Friend A's daughter may:
1)Get Pregnant
2)Catch a STD-and potentially DIE
3)may be WAY over her head

and you call yourself a friend?:smash:

ps-a promise made BEFORE you know its content & the content is HARMFUL is a breakable promise-

fury

Administrator
Staff member
if Friend A finds out, and finds out that you knew, Friend A will never trust you as a friend again.

But if you tell Friend A about Friend B, Friend A will regard you as a true friend, then Friend B will regard you as a traitor.

It's hard to choose between telling the truth and letting friend A remain ignorant of what is happening right under his/her very nose, isn't it?

Put yourself in Friend A's shoes for a minute... You just learned your daughter has been sleeping around with one of your good friends. You also learned that another friend knew about this but never told you. Wouldn't you feel betrayed by both of them?

Or... You were just told by your friend your daughter has been sleeping around with another friend. The friend who told you cares about you enough to break his promise that he'd never tell, to let you know what was going on. I don't know about you, but I'd feel good that someone is kind enough to tell me the truth, even if it does mean they had to break a promise.

law2

Told girl's grand father. Grand father said he'll tell son this weekend and not mention me. Crosses fingers.

S

s4

I was gonna tell you to get a megaphone and drive all over town announcing it. :D

If it directly affects you in some way or if the girl is 14 or 15 then you should have told. If she is 18 then she is old enough to make up her own mind and you should stay out of it.

unclehobart

this is my special title
If the daughter is 'of age' there is nothing you can do. If she is underaged...then its a legal issue.

K

krusty

When you get involved in other peoples business nothing good ever comes out of it.

Unless she is underage and it needs adult intervention it ain't anyones business but hers & his.

He's sounds like a jerk though, and is manipulating her to keep quiet about it from her mother.\

Actually he has put his friendship with the girls mother in jeapordy... some friend!

law2

Friend B came into the gym today. Pushed me around. Asking me if I told Friend A. Wanted to kick my ass. I said no. So he left. Friend A called this afternoon. Said he's not too upset with Friend B since his daughter been sleeping around before. Also think she slept with my brother's friend. :lurk:

I will wash away this weekend's troubles with many beer.

ty