Question for the Jesus Squad

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Yep, that's you 75 & Winey. Explain this one will ya...

Nude Dancer's Daughter Expelled

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) - A Christian school has expelled a kindergartner because her mother works as a nude dancer.

"If you choose to do the wrong thing willfully, then God's word instructs me as to what my responsibility is," said Rick Cole, head pastor of the Capital Christian Center church.

Christina Silvas, a 24-year-old single mother, said she took the job at Gold Club Centerfolds in part to afford the $400 monthly tuition at the church-run school.

Silvas said when she enrolled her daughter, she signed a statement that she would abide by the school's Christian philosophy.

The pastor said that if Silvas quit stripping, she would be forgiven and her 5-year-old daughter would be allowed to return.

But Silvas said: "I have other expenses besides my daughter's tuition. I am also concerned with providing a comfortable life for my daughter."

she works only 3 nights a week & is home the rest of the time. They are also being told to not go to chuch on Sundays. Seems rather un-christain if you ask me. More importantly, why punish a child for their "fathers" acts?

habaneroman

Why would they not want them to go to church?
Wouldn't they want them to come to a house of God, to cleans their soul?

That's screwy.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Bottom line first...........

In my view, if the mother made a "promise", before God, legally bindin' an' all, to abide the school's requirements, she obviously needs to follow through, or the penalty should stand.

Thought it was interestin' that the school officials gave her a "second chance". That is in keepin' with the teachin' of Christ.

(But Gonz, I'm a little lost as to who gave instructions for whom not to attend which church.)

If we're supposed to take it as the church with whom the school is affiliated, told the mother an' family not to attend because the mother refused to give up her job, then I think the mother should thank that pastor!

If that was the case, that church obviously abandoned the connection with the life of Christ mentioned in the Bible.

History records that He was a friend to sinners an' hung out with prostitutes an' the hated tax collectors at the time of His life on Earth.

Thank God! 'Cause if not, the rest of us losers would have no hope.:)

Gonzo

Staff member
75renegade said:
Bottom line first...........

In my view, if the mother made a "promise", before God, legally bindin' an' all, to abide the school's requirements, she obviously needs to follow through, or the penalty should stand.

Thought it was interestin' that the school officials gave her a "second chance". That is in keepin' with the teachin' of Christ.

(But Gonz, I'm a little lost as to who gave instructions for whom not to attend which church.)

Been busy, now I can spar again, 75.

what promise? since we don't have access to the contract we don't know how it's worded, which matters. Still, the child should not have to pay for the sins of the father. That is what I find most disturbing.

The pastor or some other official is the one who told her not to return to the church. An Assemblies of God with over 4,000 members. I bet she isn't the worst sinner there.

It seems to me that if the church is interested in saving sinners, what better place to start than within the framework of a holy house. Ride her back about her choice of employment, bring it up during services (in a discreet & anonymous way). It's just one more way to show that Metalligreed was right on the money.

Leper Messiah said:
Time for lust, time for lie
Time to kiss your life goodbye
Send me money, send me green
Heaven you will meet
Make a contribution
And you'll get a better seat

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Thanks for sharin' the pics. SYSTEM!

Gonz, gonna get back to ya. Gotta couple a thoughts..........(scary):eek:

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Hey Gonz....

Interestin' to observe that children payin' for the "sins of the fathers", is what ya find most disturbin'.

Aside from the fact that none of us really want our children to suffer, for their own sins, much less those that we do.

Is it so strange to understand that the bad choices we make, most affect the lives of those who love us most?

This holy God who promises to punish for sin, at least had the courtosey to warn us, knowin' full well that we can niether fully comprehend His ways, nor the fact that sin cannot stand in His presence, yet THAT is exactly where He wants us to stand.
He loves us that much!

Exodus 20:5, referrin' to the commandments given to Moses, describes God's jealous love for us, which is where He mentions that forsakin' Him for other "gods" will insure that even our children will pay a high price for these acts of self-reliance an' self indulgences.

My view is that this concept is less about God tryin' to be a "meany", an' more about the fact that He knows full well that livin' a selfish/self-reliant life, only leads us into an empty state of painful existance, devoid of purpose an' meaning. He does not want to see His children suffer.

God is so, all about tryin' to show folks this stubborn, illogcal, passionate, unfailing love that He has for us all.

IF the mother, in the story above, made a commitment to conform with the school's rules, then broke her commitment, the child will "pay" by learnin' early in life, that commitment is to be compromised or taken lightly, thus the ever increasin' stats. of unwed/teen births, divorce rate, etc. , not to mention the implications of the mother's example of self-degredation. What a "wonderful" path for this little one to follow as she grows up an' begins to identify her own selfworth.

Yet we think that God should jus' look away, while His children reap the harvest of sorrow that follows the "pain-bringing" choices we make.

I thought, with the info. ya shared, the church offered some degree of "grace" by givin' her a second chance. Although, I'm still confused about prohibitin' her attendence. Teachin' a sunday-school class or somethin' perhaps, but not attendence, that's shallow, an' not a true reflection of Christ's example of love.

Who knows what REALLY happen there? Question I ask is, are we willin' to forsake our stubborn, self-righteous existance, long enough to give proper consideration to the awesome love the Maker of men has for people? Perhaps His ways ARE higher than ours........;)

Gonzo

Staff member
75 said:
He loves us that much!

I am beginning to see the light. If I understand correctly, Christian is equivalent to masochist.

Sorry Joe, I can't fathom such a cruel & jealous God, nor god.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
For what it' worth, jus' to clarify, God does not wish to punish.

He wishes for us to humble ourselves, an' seek His face, in hopes that we will discover His love an' forgiveness, (shown in the person of Christ), for even the vilest of sinners, like me.

At any rate, I appreciate the story ya shared...........peace!:)