Problem getting Soldier of Fortune working

dimme

When I install Soldier of Fortune and try to run the game, I only get a black screen and the computer locks up. This is with a Voodoo3 video card.
The game used to work perfectly on the old k6-2 system, but why isn't it working on this Duron system?
have any of you had any similar problems with this game?

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
When ever I went to start a game it keeps telling me to insert the CD and press ok. then it "disconnects" me and sends me back to the main menu. My computer is only a P200 and the min. is P266, so I don't know if thats going to affect it. Guess I'll just have to wait until I get my new computer.

I got this game on Friday.
It was a combo pack that came with "Sin". It cost me $20CND and I get a $20 mail in rebate. I love free games! I also got
Swat 3 with with the same deal. Lucky me!:D

Mephisto

Where do you want to go today?
dimme,
Try to change color depth to 32 bit. I read a similar thread about KingPin, which is also based on the Quake 2 engine.

Mephisto

Where do you want to go today?
FuserMan,
Swat 3 is really good! Have you got the Elite Edition? If not, d/load the patch. You'll have Multiplayer support then and will be able to d/load new single player maps!

dimme

Thanks for the hint mephisto, I'll try it. Right now Windows 98 is complaining and giving BSODs because I gave it 512MBs of ram. Win2K works like a charm though. This may sound strange but will the game work with Win2K?
Strange thing is that I didn't have the color depth at 32bit in the old k6-2 system and it ran fine, but I'll try that.