Predictions

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Ok, the national emergency is now roughly 85 hours old. I've read major newspapers from around the globe and posted partial, full & story links to many of the (imo) better or scarier ones. With this knowledge in hand & a whole lot of guessing, how about we try to predict the future, just like Nostradamus.

My, hopefully wrong, prediction.

NATO forces will be allowed through Pakistan to attack Afghanistan. There will be a major air-campaign before ground troops arrive, about 7-10 days later-fully prepared for a relatively long stay.
We will be allowed to use Tajikistan airbases after about 3 weeks (or create our own on their land). India will not be a player because Pakistan won't allow them in their airspace. Iran will threaten us, but what’s new. Russia will, eventually, join our cause with actual military help.
In time, we will succeed at capturing a DEAD Usama bin-Laden, with many, many followers.
Now, is when the fun starts.
Because, once bin-Laden is captured and Afghanistan is “settled”, it’s time to go after Iraq, again. Since, by this time, somebody’s intelligence will have proof that good ole boy Saddam had a very large involvement in the attacks on NY & Washington.
Saudi Arabia will unhappily allow us full force landings & take-offs in their country, mostly because they owe us their existence. As will Kuwait. The Saudis, will begin having extreme internal turmoil-well, they have backed the Taliban for quite some time. Jordan will begin attacks on NATO targets, including some heavy hits on Israel, as will Syria. More on Israel later.
Eventually, we will be fighting on the ground in Saudi, against some Saudi nationals, with the governments backing(NATO, that is) & in Iraq. We’ll begin to take Iraq when Iran gets involved. So now, we’re (NATO & Russia) basically fighting on three fronts-Iran, Iraq & an air war with Jordan & Syria. We’ll take Baghdad & depose Hussein when, out of the blue-the Chinese show up & they’re pissed. They’re going to help Iran & the Taliban, now stationed in Iran, whip some NATO butt.
Israel has been fending off those two idiot countries with support from NATO & before China gets involved, starts kicking some major ass. The Palestinians are on the run, thru Syria, only to have every means of escape shut down. Syria & Jordan eventually surrender to NATO, as has Iraq & we’ve taken over Afghanistan.
Unfortunately, there’s the matter of Iran & China. (Btw, Egypt has elected to sit this whole mess out-allowing Red Cross to operate & nothing else)
China has now invaded Indian air space, as well as Tajikistan (and some forgotten small countries in between) and is headed, full force towards Iran.
The Indians are pissed & shooting at the Chinese & getting real close to Pakistani air space-trying to start a confrontation. Now, in all likelihood, it has become NATO, Russia, Pakistan, India and the remaining remnants of Saudi Arabia vs. China, the Taliban rebels, Iran & other parts of the Saudi Empire. The Taliban has one very scary secret-they have already allowed some of their terrorists, in W Europe & N America to do some serious damage-but only a percentage. Now, in the current state-they let all hell break loose. Basically telling them-“NOW!!! -Go **** something up, as we planned.”
So, as America, Germany, Canada, Italy, France, Britain, Mexico & Spain burn & get things blown up & tens of thousands of people killed-the war rages. I cannot see any outcome in this scenario except nukes. And, I am scared to death.

I hope I’m wrong…

BigDadday

Everday People
So be it and just let's not televise what and when we are doing what so they also can watch it on CNN and be aware of it.BD

S

s4

I think your imagination is running wild Gonz. I don't see that happening.

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by s4
I think your imagination is running wild Gonz. I don't see that happening.

I hope you're right S4, I REALLY do. Now, c'mon everybody, I can't be the ONLY person who's wondering aloud about the future . Let's have some thought provoking opinions & predictions-just make them more interesting than "We kick thier ass" :rolleyes:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I too hope I am wrong about this one, but my prediction is that a LOT more innocent people are going to die, but not all of them by the US's hand.

Afghanistan threatened action against any surrounding nation that supports the U.S.

So far, we can pretty much assume (correctly) that this means at least Pakistan because they declared their support of and agreed to a few requests of the U.S. (such as sharing all relevant intelligence they have, etc etc.)

So my prediction is that Afghanistan is going to start attacking Pakistan, whom will retaliate, get U.S. support, and start attacking Afganistan, who will get the pity of a few of their neighboring countries and eventually lead to a full-scale, all-out war which will last over multiple decades, destroy most of the major cities (U.S. or no), and kill over 600 million people, with no resistance.

rae

oetkbbyetdia
I agree with Gonzo and Fury, awhole lot of innocent people are going to die before this thing is over. And it might not just be in thier land. They have struck us on our land. What is going to happen if the war comes home and stays?Do we all get guns and defend ourselves or do we play chicken and hide. This war will be the war to end all wars. And I pray to God that we as AMERICANS
Have the strength and the fortitude to stand together as one people.

seclusion

Banned
i predicte and hope the usa will nuke the entire country...

if those ****ing [removed] want to protect that assmunch bin laden, and if those ****ing [removed] want to ****ing celebrate the terror that has occurred in the greatest country in the world, then something is horribly wrong...

terrorists insite terror, so fight terror WITH TERROR...

teach them a lesson that neither the survivors nor any other ****ing [removed] out there that want to ****ing kill ****ing innocent lifes will ever ever forget...

[Edit: removed racist comments - krusty]

Gonzo

Staff member
Apparently, our newest member/non-member can't keep his idiocy to himself-too bad, so long, bye-bye, adios....

BigDadday

Everday People
Altho I see more deaths being more than a possibility I am praying that nobody gets an itchy finger when that word nuke is used and fight it out other ways as this caould be the end of mankind.

Guns,protection etc. How many of us first off are gun lovers and also keep them loaded and at the ready?

I have my home as secure as possible and am as ready as I can be for anything that may happen. No I'm not a survivalist but am prepared to become one real quick if it comes to our shores.

I also see the laws relaxing about US citizens carrying concealed weapons and hope Ohio goes along with it as I would like to be able to protect my family and self.