Police Shoot, Kill Masturbating Man

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Should have shot for what he was doing...if you get my drift. At least then he wouldn't be doing that any more no would he. :D

unclehobart

this is my special title
I'm sorry, but the sock puppet action was only the initial reason that the cops showed up. The mofo was slugging it out with the cops and then picked up a large (r)ock to play whack-a-mole on some cop skull. He was begging to be shot.

Yeah, when he picked up that rock he just begged to be shot fatally....come on! There are a lor of parts in the body you can shoot in to disarm somebody, without killing him or her.

I don't know the exact situation of course, but killing the guy sounds a bit of an, well, overreaction, to me.

S

s4

I agree. They could of shot him anywhere without killing him. Since he was already naked, the privates is what I would suggest.

unclehobart

this is my special title
As a cop, you are taught to shoot the center of mass. That is dead in the center of the chest. Priority one is for the officer to regain control at almost all costs. If you are apart and the danger isn't right up in your face, you can get selective with legs and shoulders. But when a person is sitting right on top of you about to come down on your head with a 10 kilo rock, you simply must strike hard or potentially be killed in return.

S

s4

According to police, the officer tried using mace and using a restraining hold, but without success. Newman said the officer drew his gun when the man grabbed a large rock.

I didn't read that the guy was right on top of anyone with a rock. All it says is that he picked up one, but doesn't tell anything about distance or the circumstances. Is it possible the cop just shot him because he wanted to not because he had to? Furthermore, how do we know the cop was even telling the truth about the rock to begin with. I mean if you blew someone away, wouldn't you try to find a way out of it?

unclehobart

this is my special title
If you draw a weapon on a cop, his gun comes out and gets pointed at your center chest. If you make a dumbass threatening move and happen to be within 10 feet of the officer you will get two taps to the chest. Military MPs and such are taught to put two into the chest and follow it up with one in the head if they are still moving. He tried subdue, perp got belligerent and drew a weapon, perp goes down.

Unc ~ Let's say I was driving too fast on the freeway and a cop tells me to stop over. I step out of the car, the guy wants to give me a ticket, because I was speeding with 2 mph.

I get seriously pissed at the guy for giving me a ticket, and want to throw a rock at the bastard. So I take a few steps forward, and I'm at a distance of let's say...mhh...6 feet.
You tell me: do you think the guy will put to bullets in my chest for a lousy ticket, and then finishes me off with one in my head?

No way. The guy will shoot me as a last resort. But it will be in the leg or in the arm. Six feet gives him room enough to take that shot, instead of a fatal one.
No freakin' way he'll kill me for a ticket.
And neither does somebody get killed for whacking off.

You are seriously overreacting...

Kruz

Staff member
The circomstance doesn't matter one bit...
the fact that your about to assault him does!
... How many cops get whacked for just walking up to a car to give a ticket to someone ....

unclehobart

this is my special title
Exactly. It has nothing to do with the severity of the initial crime. The following action of aggravated assault upon an officer superceedes anything that has transpired up to that point. Its a judgement call by the officer on the spot. If you pick up a rock smaller than your fist he will most likely react with a baton. Picking up a rock large enough to smash someones head in warrants a bolder response. No cop wants to kill anyone. They just don't look to get killed themselves.

Geez! There is NO justification to kill somebody who lifts up a rock with the intention to throw it at you. You can shoot the a-hole in the leg or arm, but you just DON'T KILL the guy.
If he wants to shoot you, or stab you, allright, but it takes time to lift a rock, a lot more time than to fire a gun. The cop could have shot him in another bodypart.

Ah forget it, why am I even bothering. Let them kill eachother. It ain't my country :rolleyes:

Professur

Mushroom at large
Shadowfax said:
Unc ~ Let's say I was driving too fast on the freeway and a cop tells me to stop over. I step out of the car, the guy wants to give me a ticket, because I was speeding with 2 mph.

I get seriously pissed at the guy for giving me a ticket, and want to throw a rock at the bastard. So I take a few steps forward, and I'm at a distance of let's say...mhh...6 feet.
You tell me: do you think the guy will put to bullets in my chest for a lousy ticket, and then finishes me off with one in my head?

No way. The guy will shoot me as a last resort. But it will be in the leg or in the arm. Six feet gives him room enough to take that shot, instead of a fatal one.
No freakin' way he'll kill me for a ticket.
And neither does somebody get killed for whacking off.

You are seriously overreacting...

A cop right here in peaceful Montreal was shot dead last week by someone he pulled over to ticket. Cops can no longer afford to take chances.

As for where he hit, go to any firing range, do 20 pushups and try to hit a bullseye at ANY distance. I've tried it. At 10 feet, you're lucky to hit the torso. If the cop had just tried to wrestle this guy and he broke free, his adrenaline levels would be way up and his heart racing. I guarantee that anything other than a reflex point-shot would have missed.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
There are several cardinal rules of safe gun usage -

1) It's always loaded.
2) Don't pull it unless you are prepared to use it.
3) If you do use it, shoot to kill.

People who regularly walk around armed often wind up dead or killing some other innocent if they don't follow the rules. It's as simple as that.

Safe gun usage and "If you use it, shoot to kill" ....that doesn't make sense.
Of course you have certain situations where the use of guns is used to kill, but certainly NOT in every situation.

What you are saying is that when you come to the point where you draw a gun and shoot, you shoot to kill. That is so not true. Not every shot that is fired is meant to kill. There are also situations where people are shot to disarm them, or prevent them from running away or something like that. If someone runs away, and a officer decides to shoot at the guy to stop him from escaping, he'll aim at the guys leg. He wont put two bullets in the guys back, because he uses his gun "and shoots to kill".

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The rules apply to cops & law abiding citizens alike-shoot to kill, that way you leave no witnesses