planning a new computer is not easy

S

s4

I have been trying to put an inexpensive system together this week and found it was not at all easy to make decisions about the components. I feel like that guy on the Dell commercial the one that says "makes your head spin". Luckily Fury helped me quite a bit. Without his advice, I would have been lost because I haven't been keeping up on the latest tech.

Thanks Fury.:grin:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
This is true S4. When i build them it seems i always spend more time studying up on the new technology. There is always something that seems to throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the mix.

When I make a new system, I always take a lot of time to study on the current technology available...I compare every component a dozen times.
I keep price/performance in mind, but also durability.
There's always a lot of money involved, so I always take my time :)

S

s4

Fury is gonna have a stroke but against his advice I bought a KDS 17" monitor. So far this thing is nice!

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
S4 i use KDS 17" monitors at work. Most bang for the buck. We got about 8 of them now

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You sure you want to know? I'm not sure the board can handle the language... :eek:

S

s4

We did remove the language filters, but you are correct. New people might not be used to the barrage of Krow-Magnon brutality that you might elicit.

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
knowing the IN/OUT of Computer PC Development/Construction

Dealing with the OEMs. Retail or OEM package? Who gives u the better warranty is what counts. Name reliablity; most common to trust so stick with the names you trust or the majority that trust the name.

Performance. Ya want cutting edge and latest Bang out now?
THe best medium to stick with? Or the lowest end to meet the simplest needs of just word processing and websurfing?

Faster things are, the more expensive since they're the newest things of technology on the block.

Best things for the amount of $ you want to spend