Plane controversy ... of another sort.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
So really though by that logic I should be able to have someone sit on my lap and only pay for one seat right?

BigDadday

Everday People
Depends what the weight limit would be. Would you want to be a 200 lbr and another 200 lbr sitting atop of you?There has to be some limits.:rolleyes:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Jumbo butts pay extra, and by the same token, if you wanna be on the bottom of a pile of two hundred pound butts ( and not bitch) you should get a discount. Babies, however become projectiles in the event of an emergency and should be secured in their own seats.

BigDadday

Everday People
Q that's something that I really don't know and that is babies. Are they required to get a seat for the child for that very good reason? BD:confused:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I know for really little babies you don't have to pay, but I'm not sure if they just give the seat to a baby or if the mom has to carry it on her lap.
I did see a program on TV and some flight attendants were really squaking about how dangerous it is to have an unrestrained baby, especially if the plane hits bad turbulence. If the plane hits an air pocket and drops suddenly all the people hit the ceiling, imagine what that would do to a baby. They were trying to get the legislation changed...but I don't know if it ever happened.

Professur

Mushroom at large
The baby flies free, if in mommy's arms. If you bring a carrier (car seat), you have to pay for a seat. Few airlines supply a carrier.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Prof is right about the baby seats/arms thing. WE flew x-country & paid for 2 adults only. And, if the plane goes down, it doesn't matter if baby is in moms arms or not-all of the passengers are dead anyway.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
He's a truck driver...prolly needs some of those Doans® pills :D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by Q
He's a truck driver...prolly needs some of those Doans® pills :D

That saved your scrawny ass in food fight didn't it? Huh, didn't it? Well? And, no ma'am, my ass is just fine, thank you very much:p

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
rut roh....*checks out Gonz's butt while running away*....yep, yer right...it's a beauty.:kiss:

Professur

Mushroom at large
Now we know why she never came back. I'm not sure I could stomach a second episode of Gonz's butt either.