Plane controversy ... of another sort.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Air Canada presently charges extra for obese people needing a second seat. They claim they shouldn't be charged, because obesity is a disablility. Whaddya think? Should someone who's ass won't fit a regular airline seat be expected to pay for the extra room he/she needs? I have to pay for the extra luggage space I use, don't I?

Full article here

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
does that also mean that skinny people get a discount? IF you use two seats, buy 2 seats. Fat is not a disability.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
I think that they should let as many people hit in a single seat that want to and only charge for one ticket!

hehe.....

H

HOWARD COSELL

NONACCEPTANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR PHYSICAL DETERIORATION I.E. OBESITY IN NO WAY MAKES CREDIBLE THAT MENTAL DISABILITY FOR LACK OF SELF ESTEEM OR SELF CONTROL GOES TO LIABILITY OF AIRLINE COMPANIES OR SEAT MANUFACTURERS. IF SAME PERSON ATTEMPTED TO SHIP AN ELEPHANT, PAYMENT FOR THE EXTREME COST OF WEIGHT FALL WITHIN REASONABLE EXPECTATIONS.

H

HOWARD COSELL

I think he was just saying charge the fat ass for two seats.

PRECISELY.
CAP LOCK ON KEYBOARD IS PERMANENTLY ENABLED AS EFFECT OF BEVERAGE SPILL.

H

HOWARD COSELL

APPRECIATED BUT NOT NECESSARY. FUTURE PURCHASE OF NEW SYSTEM BEING PLANNED.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member

PRECISELY.
CAP LOCK ON KEYBOARD IS PERMANENTLY ENABLED AS EFFECT OF BEVERAGE SPILL.

Yep, I've been there; never spill bourbon and coke on your kb; it effectively oozes into a mess. Had to chuck a kb because of that.

I also agree; pay for the extra seat. The last flight I took, I upgraded to business class because I didn't want to deal with the seat on a 6+ hour flight cross country.