People on the Internet are lame

S

s4

The is one thing I noticed about people on the Internet. They are a bunch of lazy putz. You post a link to something interesting you think they will click on it to see what it's about? No, they might wear their mouse button out looking.

It's no wonder that the advertising industry on the web is hurting. People are too lazy to look at anything. Clicking on a banner might inconvience them.

It's like people that lurk around on bbs's. They go and read what someone else wrote and don't add anything. They are either too lazy or too stupid to start a topic of their own expecting everyone else to do it. Then they think a site is lame just because they don't see anything interesting. Well, you get what you put into the site. You want to make it interesting, make your own post about something you are interested in.

I'm not talking about people here, just people in general on the web. They are lame.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. The internet is only what you make of it.

If you don't think it's interesting enough, live with it, or MAKE it interesting.

Winky

Multiple views and no responses, hey what should we expect?
I can post stuff all over this board, but what would the point be?
The responses would be Lame lol

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I think most of the views were me and s4 hovering over this thread :retard:

Winky

Well shucks Flav you can do better than that!
How will I ever start a flame war and get banned
with responses such as those?

S

s4

What good is starting a flame war if you are gonna get banned? Have fun. Have fellowship. Enjoy! hehe:D

I got a notion to start preaching next.

for my Espanol friends:

¿Qué bueno está comenzando un Flame War si usted va a conseguir prohibido? Tenga diversión. Tenga beca. ¡Goce! hehe

Conseguí una noción para comenzar a predicar después.

PsychoMark

^ bored.
s4 said:
Clicking on a banner might inconvience them.

Banners just suck, they're annoying. If I want to buy something I'll go looking at websites which sell stuff, I won't go to XiBase to look at the banners and see if they advertise the same thing I want :)

alex

Re: Re: People on the Internet are lame

PsychoMark said:
s4 said:
Clicking on a banner might inconvience them.

Banners just suck, they're annoying. If I want to buy something I'll go looking at websites which sell stuff, I won't go to XiBase to look at the banners and see if they advertise the same thing I want :)

/\

What he said, ya buncha lamers. :p

Seems I remember just last week or two it was fuckin dead in here except for a couple of people replying. And I remember specifically S4, you were jumpin all over tongnesta (sp) about something. I couldn't figure out what it was all about, maybe something happened in another thread that I was not aware of but it really turned me off. If you want people to come in here, you should at least reply to posts with a little enthusiasm. I posted once in L&C "STONES ROCK" and spent about thirty minutes or so giving my opinion on some of the songs on that DVD and I got one weak little reply those guys know what they are doin and yes that was you S4.

well, I needed to vent a little. Just got back home from grocery shopping and running errands and I got behind every friggen idiot on the road. Got my damn utility bill today and it's $275.00. It has never in all the 10 years I've been here been that high. I think my son is letting some of his friends come over and do laundry. AND MY SON..........WELL....I DON'T WANNA GO THERE RIGHT NOW. HIS ASS IS MINE WHEN HE GETS HOME :froth:

S

s4

And I remember specifically S4, you were jumpin all over tongnesta (sp) about something. I couldn't figure out what it was all about, maybe something happened in another thread that I was not aware of but it really turned me off. If you want people to come in here, you should at least reply to posts with a little enthusiasm.

Are ya kidding? Tancogeistla is my buddy. I think he's very entertaining. I was just giving him some biz because I like his style.:D

I agree that banners are sometimes very annoying especially if there are too many of them or if they are too big. The one at Xi has never offended me. A little advertising doesn't hurt a thing.

I wasn't necessarily speaking about advertising banners. Let's say I posted a link that says 'the world is comin' to an end'. Some jackass would just yawn and say 'oh that's nice' and go right on sipping their coffee. They probably forgot to wipe their ass to because if they are too lazy to click on a link, wiping is prolly too much of an inconvience too.

I posted once in L&C "STONES ROCK" and spent about thirty minutes or so giving my opinion on some of the songs on that DVD

Over the last 30 some years I have listened to the Stones and all of those cool groups. In fact, I've heard so much of the Stones that I can hardly listen to the them anymore. They are great, but I just can't stand playing their records or cd's because I've heard too much of them. Same with the Beatles. If I'm gonna listen to the Beatles, I like it to be a track that I haven't heard in a long time, say a track off of the White Album or Abbey Road. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

S

s4

flavio said:
<a href=""></a>

Huh? Don't be afraid to say what ya want to Flavio. You and I have had a couple of differences of opinion here at Xi, but the one thing I can always count on from you is that you say what ya think and stick by it.

PsychoMark

^ bored.
s4 said:

Let's say I posted a link that says 'the world is comin' to an end'.

Do you have any idea how many people say that? :laugh:. My point: there's a lot of bullshit around, especially on the internet, so I filter out what looks interesting to me. If you're posting a link which I am absolutely not interested in for sure, I won't click it, why would I waste my time? This is not only true for banners, but for every link out there...

Would you go into the bank if you want something to eat? (unless you're planning on robbing it to get money for food that is :p)

alex

s4 said:

Over the last 30 some years I have listened to the Stones and all of those cool groups. In fact, I've heard so much of the Stones that I can hardly listen to the them anymore. They are great, but I just can't stand playing their records or cd's because I've heard too much of them. Same with the Beatles. If I'm gonna listen to the Beatles, I like it to be a track that I haven't heard in a long time, say a track off of the White Album or Abbey Road. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing.

Maybe I didn't get my point across very well in my "STONES ROCK" post, "IT'S A MUST HAVE DVD." I, like you, have been listening to the Stones for a long time. I used to have a bunch of thier cd's, but I got rid of most of them. I purchased this Bridges to Babylon Tour DVD on a whim and didn't even open the thing till about two months later. I can assure you that when you listen to this DVD, you WILL have a new found respect for the Stones. I heard Sympathy for the Devil on the radio the other day and it sounded like shit. It sounded like a scratchy 45. The Stones are awesome in concert, that's all there is to it :spin:

S

s4

alex:

I'm sure the dvd is exactly as good as you said. The problem for me is that I don't have a dvd player and never have had one. I can't get too excited about dvd's if I don't have a player to play 'em.

I know what you are talking about though. I recorded a Stones concert on VHS that I was watching a while back. Even though the quality is shitty because I don't have a hifi vcr...the songs and performance were fabulous.