P implies Q, therefore, I need a beer

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
I thought Philosophy would be oh so great ... sure, learn about logic and reason ... all I hear for that hour and 15 minutes is "blahblahblahblahblah" ... it's about the reason, the validity, not the evidence ....

plus, I have Psychology right after that... and it's about the evidence .. not the validity ....

beer, someone .... beer ... please .. I'm wasting away ...

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
isn't the entire point of philosophy to not need evidence? to judge on the merit of the argument, in general, and not the specifics? If you want evidence, get a degree in criminal justice.;)

I wanted to go back to college to get a masters in philosophy, then I realized in 6 years I'd be no better off, in the material world, than when I started.:shrug:

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
Gonzo said:
isn't the entire point of philosophy to not need evidence? to judge on the merit of the argument, in general, and not the specifics? If you want evidence, get a degree in criminal justice.;)

I was merely stating what the class is in contrast to the class that I have right after it which is psychology ... I just thought I'd enjoy the class more than I am - perhaps it's the professor *shrug* .. or perhaps it's the content ... duuno ... I wasn't disputing the class nor stating that I needed evidence, for the record.

What I do need, however, is a beer *eyes gazing at ku'u's avatar dreamily*

**edited by me cause I sound like complete bitch up in this post*

alrighty Gonzo - sorry for sounding like I got a stick up my *beep* ... didn't mean to ... blood sugar hasn't risen yet ... I owe you a beer ;)