Our bodies are AMAZING computer systems!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Think about it for a second...

Our eyes receive light and color signals in full detail and in infinite visible colors.

Our ears receive sound wave signals of a HUGE range of frequencies, with an unlimited amount of channels, from all around us.

Our noses bring in the air that reoxidizes the blood all our body parts use, exhaust all the used air, and pick up scents of any kind or strength.

Our tongues process taste (along with the nose), and assist in digesting food

Our mouths and teeth take in food and ready it for sending it to our stomachs

Inter alia, etc

At the control center of this all is a supercomputer called our brain which not only takes in ALL this information and turns it into our sense of awareness and the perception of the world around us and controls the muscles which allow us to interact with the world, but STILL has room left to compute math, process logic, experience emotion, stare at hot chicks, etc etc...

Since most of us never use them, why don't we just detach them from our body, give it some power, and put it on any distributed computing project of our choice?

Outlaw69

Banned
It's amazing the amounts of punishment we can put on our bodies and bounce right back. I'm not exactly bouncing back these days but I still can't believe I'm alive after some of the abuse I've piled on this body year after year. :D

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Originally posted by fury:
<STRONG>Since most of us never use them, why don't we just detach them from our body, give it some power, and put it on any distributed computing project of our choice?</STRONG>

That was one of the last things I expected at the end of this post!

THANK YOU