Ouch, that hurts the economy doesn't it???

dimme

The police decided to bust an official LAN party to look for warez on all the computers and bust all the young people for having them. This is truly sad :(

The 300 young people who attended the netparty in Esbjerg, Denmark (called THE PARTY) where the police came, has now been forced to either pay for the illegal software or go to court..
This is the deal that has been made between Antipiratgruppen(www.antipiratgruppen.dk) and CompuClub who organised the netparty. CompuClub has agreed to pay 100.000 dkr (8dkr = 1US$).

The young people are being seperated into three groups, depending on their age and how much illegal software/music they had on their computer. Afterwards Antipiratgruppen will decide how much the attendents should pay all after which group they are in.

What would you do if you were at a public LAN party and the police sudden walked in??

unclehobart

this is my special title
I'd quickly slap in a format command if I was one of the kids that had an ocean of illegal stuff. But since I actually own the rights to everything except for WinZip, I think I could just fork over the 20$ and walk away unharmed.

Depending on how much damage I was looking at to become 'legal' I would probably have to think about having a quick destroy system to eradicate the whole thing. If I was looking at having 5000$ + in illegals on my puter, I could probably stomach having the whole 1000$ in value of the base unit go bye bye. I guess I would have to have a strong electro magnetic coil setup inside my box with one of those massive camping lantern batteries taped to the side with the positive lead unhooked. Raid happens, kids scattering, confusion ensues. In two seconds I can slip off the protective coating from the lead and hook it up. Zap! Computer is now sludge.

jopes

Your Nightmare
If I was in thier feet I think I would have some full proof way of destroying my Hard drive in 2 seconds or less.

but since I really do not go to lan parties. I am safe! :)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by Acid
That'd be invasion of privacy here. *phew*

Don't bet on it. If you are in a public facility you can not expect any reasonable amount of privacy.