OS Poll

What Operating System(OS) Do you prefer?

• Windows 98 Second Edition (SE)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Windows Millenium Edition (ME)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 2000 Pro (2K Pro)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Windows eXPerience Pro (XP Pro)

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Windows eXPerience Home Edition (XP HE)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Windows New Technology (NT)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mac Operating System 10 (OS X)

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • UNIX

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Linux - any flavour

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters

dnar

Psycho Penguin
My real old favourites are not on the selection... CP/M, AmigaDOS, Solaris, VMS. ;)

Oh well, my "current" favourite will have to do :wink: Linux, followed by the old Unix. :worm:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Linux attracts me more and more each day. I've gotta learn how to use it, because I eventually want to use it almost exclusively. After all, Microsoft is digging themselves a hole and are about to crawl into it if they keep up this X-sPyware crap.

dnar

Psycho Penguin
fury said:
Linux attracts me more and more each day. I've gotta learn how to use it, because I eventually want to use it almost exclusively. After all, Microsoft is digging themselves a hole and are about to crawl into it if they keep up this X-sPyware crap.
That aside, being a Web-man yourself, Linux is your friend.

Linux - The OS of the Internet. :D

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Actually, I've talked witha few others on the Internet about this and have seen a few articles in reference to it.

IRC.

The servers that are handling this kinda work are not Linux based and they sure as hell aren't NT/2000 based (oh man...could you imagine a IRC server being worked out of a 2K install? :eek:). As I understand it, Solaris or another Unix based OS, such as HP-UX are the type of OS that is required to handle that kinda load. A Linux server just can't handle the load of IRC. However, a Linux server would do a better job at it than a NT/2000 server would. This is as I understand it. Nothing beats Unix. Nothing.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Linux was pretty close to Unix in terms of performance but lagged behind in stability. This isn't the case?

Enlighten me... :confused:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
XP Pro

It doesn't freak out on me near as much as 98SE or 2000...I turn off all the eye candy and away I go!!

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Win 2k is what I'm using now. Good stability with not so high requirements as XP, and all modern games run fine in it.
Hey, Psychomark, where have you been?

PsychoMark

^ bored.
Noite Escura said:
Hey, Psychomark, where have you been?

Hiding... from you guys :lurk:

Na, just kidding :lol:. I've been cutting on forums I visit as they took up a lot of my time, especially when moderating another busy forum. Just came back because I got an email telling me there was a reply... after one year or so...