Okay....I've got my webspace...now what?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
They should have given you some instructions, or at least an FTP address, along with username and password

If they gave you that, it's relatively easy to upload files there

Any FTP client will work, or if you don't have one...

Open up an Internet Explorer window, and type this into the address bar, of course replacing anything listed in green

ftp://username:password@ftp.server.address.com

Then go to the local (your computer) folder that you want to upload from and select the file(s). Copy. Go back to the FTP window. Paste.

Done.

They should include in instructions they have somewhere (might have to dig) the location to use to link to a file at a remote location (putting a link to it on another web site), such as http://www.server.address.com/~dark_angel/

I can't really provide any more info because I don't know who your web host is, or what they're like

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Use FropntPage-it'll walk you thru it & do HTML or you can edit it very easily:cool:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
FP will update any changed files automatically (at least FP2k did when I had my old quakening domain). You may want to grab fs_ftp (from any popular download site) for updating images/etc that you don't want to take the time for FP to do it.

D

Dark Angel

:wave: :beerchug: :wave:

Thanks Huge.....there were things there that appeared complex but when I looked at it properly, it all fell into place in quite simplistic terms.....mind you, I'm still upskilling and familiarising myself with it so....I won't tag [wink] anything until I'm fully conversant with it.
:wave: :beerchug: :wave:
Thanks again.

:worm::cool: :spin: :cool: :cool: :spin: :cool::worm:
:worm::spin: :cool: :spin: :spin: :cool: :spin::worm:
:worm::spin: :cool: :spin: :cool: :spin: :cool::worm:
:worm::cool: :spin: :cool: :spin: :cool: :spin::worm:
:worm::spin: :cool: :spin: :spin: :cool: :spin::worm: