Ok, Where is everybody?

habaneroman

Why don't more people visit here?
Every time I come here, there is but a few people checkin it out.
Granted, I don't have too many posts, that's because I'm not on the computer too often. But when I am, I do try to check this place out.

Hell, I got a Processor from just being here. (Thanks again guys)

This site does have some interesting people on it (not me), but there doesn't seem to be much traffic.

Does anybody know why?

I don't.

Maybe a "Babe's Forum" might perk things up a bit.

Just a thought.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
A Babe's Foum...not a bad idea. I think Spirit should be the first to post in that one. :D :lol: :lol:

unclehobart

this is my special title
Babes forums dont do any good. All they do is attract undesireables. Besides, The webhost user rules are probably fairly anal about such things.

habaneroman

Yes, I agree.

And any images should be tastefully done.

as-drool.gif

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Seems we had more traffic when the contest was on; maybe time for another?

S

s4

I think if you look in some of the old threads there might be a 'babe" thread already started. Suprisingly, not that many people were interested.

unclehobart

this is my special title
I think the babes forum died because of the godawful load times. Unless you are on something with some bandwidth, its not worth touching.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I think everyone is well aware of the problems I facing. I come here anytime I manage to be online though. Has anyone suggested the chat may be the thing to blame for the lack of people on the boards?

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'm not posting in volume anywhere right now. I'm on work-overload. AND, just to throw vodka on the flames, my partner on this project just handed in his notice. Anyone want a job?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The chat only accelerated the death. One of the main factors is the lack of original content. Original, and outstanding...

Anyone remember that guy who fried an egg on an Athlon XP, using a heatsink made out of copper coins? That thread got linked to from all over the hardware world. HardOCP, Ars Technica, dozens of other huge hardware resources including a newspaper. The result? Instant 500+ people online at any given time. Nearly 200,000 views on the original thread, and probably just as many to the mirror sites some of the people from the site set up. Loads of new members. Web server damn near had a heart attack from the sudden roar of the activity boost.

Anyone up for trying a beer-cooled rig? :beerchug: