Oil Changes by Gender....

BigDadday

Everday People
Something to laugh at!

Women:
1. Pull up to Jiffy Lube at 3000 miles since the last oil change.
2. Drink a cup of coffee.
3.15 minutes later, write a check and leave with a properly maintained vehicle.

Men:
1. Go to O'Reilly auto parts and write a check for 50 dollars for oil, filter, kitty litter, hand cleaner and scented tree.
2. Discover that the used oil container is full. Instead of taking back to O'Reilly to recycle, dump in hole in back yard.
3. Open a beer and drink it.
4. Jack car up. Spend 30 minutes looking for jack stands.
5. Find jack stands under kid's pedal car.
6. In frustration, open another beer and drink it.
7. Place drain pan under engine.
8. Look for 9/16 box end wrench.
9. Give up and use crescent wrench.
10. Unscrew drain plug.
11. Drop drain plug in pan of hot oil; get hot oil on you in the process.
12. Clean up.
13. Have another beer while oil is draining.
14. Look for oil filter wrench.
15. Give up; poke oil filter with Phillips head screwdriver and twist it off.
16. Beer.
17. Buddy shows up; finish case with him. Finish oil change tomorrow.
18. Next day, drag pan full of old oil out from underneath car, dump in hole in back yard.
19. Throw kitty litter on oil spilled during steps 11 and 15.
20. Beer. No, drank it all yesterday.
21. Walk to 7-11 and buy beer.
22. Install new oil filter making sure to apply thin coat of clean oil to gasket first.
23. Dump first quart of fresh oil into engine.
24. Remember drain plug from step 11.
25. Hurry to find drain plug in drain pan. Pan is empty - hurry to find drain plug in back yard hole.
26. Hurry to replace drain plug as last drop of fresh oil drains onto floor.
27. Slip with wrench and bang knuckles on frame.
28. Bang head on bumper in reaction.
29. Begin cussing fit.
30. Throw wrench.
31. Cuss for additional 10 minutes because wrench hit Miss December (1992) in the left boob.
32. Clean up; apply Band-Aid to knuckle.
33. Beer.
34. Beer.
35. Dump in additional 4 quarts of oil.
36. Beer.
37. Lower car from jack stands
38. Accidentally crush one of the jack stands
39. Move car back to apply more kitty litter to fresh oil spilled during step 26.
40. Drive car 1/2 quart low for 7000 miles when it'll be time for another oil change.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
That sound like me on the first time I changed my own oil. I think I ran to Canaidan Tire like 3 times. First I bought the oil. Start to change it, oops forgot to get the filter, back I go. Oil's drained new filter is on, 5L's of oil is added. Oops, need more oil back to Canadian Tire. Now I drive the car to Green & Ross by Yorkdale mall, come back after shopping and I've only spent $205 more($5 more for the oil change had I done it myself and $200 on the wife in the mall).

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I've never had the pleasure of changing oil yet, but I sure wish I had a magic hole like that! Image what you could hide!

Professur

Mushroom at large
Fuse, the only thing I'll let Canadian Tyrant do is mount my tires. And even then, I'll watch them. The last time I was in having tires mounted, the bay next over was doing an oil change. It was a Civic, sport something-or-other. The guy wasn't getting bulk oil, he'd paid extra for the good stuff. Synthetic. The *cough* mechanic *cough* drained the oil, changed the filter, lowered the car, and proceeded to piss 5 quarts of Syntec on the floor. When he checked the dipstick and found it bone dry, he called over another guy to make sure he hadn't poured it into the wrong hole. I'll leave the rest to your imagination. Needless to say, I was asked to leave the garage area because of the noise I was making. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I know they're a bunch of wallys there.
I just bought the stuff there and changed my oil at work.

Good Crappy Tire story for ya,

I went with a friend one time to get her tires for her car. We leave the car with them and told them the locknut in the ashtray inside the car. We went and grabbed a slice in the mall, had a smoke, blab, blab blab....When we got back an hour later and the moron asks "where the locknut?" Can you f***in' beleive that!?!After that it took them 2 hours to change the tires! It should only take 20 minutes max with two guys, 45 minutes with one guy. After that I swore I'd never get anywork done on my car there.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Sorry to bust the stereotype, but I go to Jiffylube. Hey, I'm .SUPERGONZO, maniac-driver superb, not a mechanic. :cocktail:

jopes

Your Nightmare
I doo all my own work on my vechiles. only thing I do not do is mounting tires and alignments.

pretty much everything else I do.

How can one justify a $5k engine change when you can do it for half that and have a engine with more power for the dollar!

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Come on over professur i'd be glad to. I charge 25 dollars plus oil and filter expenses.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I'll change your oil prof...service with a snarl :D
...but you'll prolly need another one by the time you get back home :spin:

jopes

Your Nightmare
Originally posted by Nix
Come on over professur i'd be glad to. I charge 25 dollars plus oil and filter expenses.

thats highway robbery.

In ther US you can get it done for $14.95 that includes oil and filter.

Never know what they are actually putting in but hey what do you expect for someone that failed thier ASE exams, and eats burritos for breakfast.

I have heard some real bad things from the guys never changing the oil filters, to putting tranny fluid instead of oil. I know this one for a fact. My dads 89 lincon town car has 2 oil drain plugs. I specifically told the dum shits this as well as it takes 6 full quarts of oil.

guess what. they pulled 1 plug and dumped 6 quarts in! Need I say more?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by jopes

thats highway robbery.

In ther US you can get it done for $14.95 that includes oil and filter.

AH! but $14.95 USD = $23.28 CDN plus then you have to figure in a bit extra because I'm a student who's saving for University and also because I'm SO cute in coveralls!

jopes

Your Nightmare
Originally posted by Nix

AH! but $14.95 USD = $23.28 CDN plus then you have to figure in a bit extra because I'm a student who's saving for University and also because I'm SO cute in coveralls!

That might be true. on the $23.28 cdn, but your charging more than that just for the labor. I would pay it for the Student part, but the cute part needs workin on :lol:

BigDadday

Everday People
I let Jiffylube do it once and that was it. He knocked the wire off of the alternator while doing it(new battery) and when he put in the oil he put in 10w30 insted of the 5w30 that I had told him to. When asked he said just a minute and had the guy rechange it all over. Poor Car! BD