Oh well

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Looks like the school finally got wise and enabled security on their wi-fi; no more free internet for me (although I am "borrowing" someone else's bandwidth right now).

So it looks like I'll have to convince auntie to finally get dsl; verizon has a package that includes a wireless router (dunno how good it is but at least it's free). Question: what kind of range can I expect from it? Ideally it's going to be 3 floors below me for the other computer down there. It won't have to go through ceilings/floors since our staircase is open, i.e., I can see the 2nd floor from the top floor looking stright down the stairs. Do you think I'll get a good enough signal?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Damn, this connection just died for 5 mins before I could read your reply Les. That's why I want to get my own connection; tired of getting dropped/no signals.

But hey free internet was fun too; for 9+ months I downloaded gigs of data (mostly at night. Mostly.)

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I'm thinking of getting DSL too. Dial-up kills for exchanging all my digital pictures. I just wished one of the stupid Brasil Telecom telemarketers would call offering that big offers they made me 200 times last year when I hadn no money. Now I have they don't call for months :mad:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
huge you may have to get a booster for your antenea. they are not very expensive. It will just depend how many walls it will have to pass thru.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
If FIOS was here now, it would be a no brainer. Just hope I can upgrade to it once it does get here.