October is Breast-Cancer Awareness Month

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
During 2003 an estimated 211,300 new cases of breast cancer are expected to occur among women in the United States. NBCAM encourages all women to recognize the importance of early detection by participating in National Mammography Day on October 17, 2003.

Everyone knows or will know someone who will get Breast Cancer within the next 5 years. That's a harsh reality. We all have close female friends and family, wether that is your mother, sister, aunt, cousin or spouse. I have personally felt the terror of breast cancer because one of my aunts had it and had to have a double-massectomy because of it. My sister was just recently checked for lumps (luckily, they were non-malignant).

If you have the chance...buy the pink ribbon, wear it. It's not especially macho-looking guys...but it will tell every woman around you that you care about their health to grit your teeth and wear one.

greenfreak

A friend of mine who is a breast cancer survivor sent me some info on African Women Breast Cancer US stamps. (I've attached the image)

I can't find the stamps on USPS website but hopefully I'll be able to get them from my post office at home. Whenever I need to buy stamps, I always buy the ones that give a percentage to charities.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 22

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Nice stamp GF...reminds me of my cousin's art...it the use of shadowed figures and concentrating on the materials they are wearing as opposed to the person wearing them.

Thanks f rthe support

Professur

Mushroom at large
I'm offering free breast exams for the entire month. Line up and have a professional check you out, ladies.