Now accepting donations for the upkeep of Xi, OTC, and TSS

fury

Administrator
Staff member
We've arrived at a point where Sam can no longer afford to absorb the cost of hosting the three sites alone, so we've decided to start accepting donations. There will be a button at the bottom linking you to Paypal, allowing you to pitch in a donation (or however many donations you want) of $5.00 US.

Don't get the wrong idea, we are neither requiring nor ASKING for these donations in order for you to stay here, we are merely offering a button where people who wish to donate towards keeping the three sites up can put in however much they wish. I said all three sites, not just one, because they are all on the same hosting account.

However, as thanks for any gracious donations you might offer, we will give you a free @xibase.com email account for any donation you make.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, you're the one infecting those new dually machines with the actual Windows XP, at least TSS is powered by Linux. :headbang:

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
If it were my system, you know very well what would be running those two procs. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, Postal :D

Nope, that honor is bestowed upon Justintime, who actually got a donation in before we even had a button up :D

But after the button was up (got one at xi and otc right now, will add one to tss tomorrow), I think LastLegionary was the first one to actually use the donate button

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I've been wondering how to fix that, ever since I installed that farkin' phpBB. Now that I know it's just a simple chmod -R 777 www/tss/forum/images/avatars, feel free to slap me in the face :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:retard: <-- is me

Well don't make too much fun of me, damnit, I wasn't that experienced with the shell at that time, let alone the hierarchy of permissions! :p

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
hehehe. Shit bud. Couldn't be any worse than me. The first time I ever worked in a shell I locked myself out of my own site. Had to call tech support the next Monday and ask them to fix it. I'm sure they had a rather good laugh at that.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
You know...to this day I really don't know what the hell I did. I was new to Linux at the time. Back with RedHat 5.2. After playing around with it for about an hour I said "Yeah, this is a piece of cake." Went into a shell account I had with the local ISP (I had shell access because my wife worked there at the time). I started doing chmod the good ol' boys way and before I knew it, I couldn't get back in. I couldn't even ftp in. Needless to say, I didn't do that again. :lol:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Typical nightmare for tech support. You went in there not knowing what you were doing, did something that you don't remember what it was, and you have no idea how to put it back. Also the #1 reason tech support people have jobs. :lol: