Next Querstion

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I have that zip in my spare puter running fine and now I might have a slight problem you can help me out with again.:)

I have in my main Puter a cd-writer,50x cd-rom connected to the same ide. When I go to use Nero on the flt it will not let me and suggests I seperate them. Would I connect this with my hd ribbon then?

Ok let's make it two in a row peeps,

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Kruz

Staff member
you don't want to put a cd-rom and a hard drive on the same IDE channel..it will slow down the speed of the hard drive.
As far as on the fly copying with nero..Good luck! I could never get it to work on my system.. and I had all devices on seperate ide channels..
If your cd-burner is a newer one that has "Burn Proof" it may work for you..

BigDadday

Everday People
OK I have it set this way. I have the above stated with 1 ide ribbon,the floppy is next and the the hard drive so how would I seperate them? BD

Inkara1

Maybe you could put the CD-ROM on the hard drive ribbon and have the slower performance for now, just to see if Nero will work then. You wouldn't want to leave it that way, of course.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Either that or try having the cdrom and the burner on the same cable. That is how i run my systems with a dvd and cdrw in them. I also run nero in them with no problems.