My trip to Q's world (lotsa piccys)

unclehobart

this is my special title
The master closet was very nifty. This is only showing like 1/6 of the whole thing. There was nowhere I could stand to take it all in as a single shot.

Attachments

• 106-0625_img.jpg
    106-0625_img.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 37

unclehobart

this is my special title
Gotta wrap this whole Florida thing with a classic palm tree shot.

Attachments

• 105-0588_img.jpg
    105-0588_img.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 37

flavio

superfly
Staff member
That's a pretty sweet condo. What town is this?

So what's the deal, allergic to corn? That's gotta be a problem seeing how they pump corn syrup into a fairly large segment of food products. I did not know Coors was made with rice, what other beers are? Maybe asian beers?

BigDadday

Everday People
Nice pics and place but am also curious what you used to take them with? If a 35mm what type film as well.BD

unclehobart

this is my special title
I took them with a Canon Powershot G2 4 megapixel digital camera on a dumbed down resolution and on the smallest setting to keep the individual shots at about 100k each. I could have made the pics even sharper and larger at a cost of near 1 meg apiece... but I was just thinking of all of the peeps here on dialup.

Flav, I am allergic to corn, soy, and peanuts. Corn and soy variants are in damn near everything. Corn is used as a sweet, sour, as well as flour. It is all sodas, 95% of beer, all bread, over the counter medication, baking powder, vinegar, the entire snack aisle, everything in the freezer case, as well as all Chinese and Mexican food. I am soooo limited in what I can do. I had also bought Sam Adams and Guinness at the same time as I had bought Coors. I was at a limited package store near Q's house. It wasn't exactly filled with exotic world brew varieties.

unclehobart

this is my special title
The real problem with finding decent beers is that alcohol is exempt from the food labeling disclosure laws. They are all pretty hard to nail down either by email or letter. They just won't discuss it. The only company that told without a fight was Rolling Rock, which had corn in it.... sigh.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Geezus Uncle, corn and soy!?!? A friend of mine is violently allergic to shellfish and nuts, which oddly enough seems to be a common combination. It has caused her no end of problems. She gets freaked out if anyone at her table even orders shellfish and that will pretty much ruin her evening.

I can't imagine that you have much trust in restaraunts at all with a corn/soy allergy? What type of reaction do you have if you get a little corn?

I just checked an Anheiser-Busch product, a Heinekien and Seirra Nevada Pale ale in my fridge and was surprised to see that none of them even list any ingredients. I feel for ya man.

I do distinctley remember seeing ingredients listed on beers before though. Why are they exempt? It seems if they refuse to disclose ingredients that people may have serious problems with they are setting themselves up for lawsuits.

unclehobart

this is my special title
They are exempt because they have relatively powerful lobbies, I guess. I think it may come down to old BS about protecting corporate trade secrets and stuff.

If I ingest a little corn: 4 hours after consumption: I start to turn darker shades of pink; something akin to a sunburn in nature. I get a brutal headache, a little runny nose, blood pressure shoots up, a sour attitude, little bumps on my temples and arms, bizzare sweating, drier eyes, and muscles in my neck and back tend to tighten up.

day 2: Sore throat, dry lips, intense unquenchable thirst, lack of appetite, headache, muscles. water weight gain.

day 3: Strong appetite that can't be appeased, dry flaky skin and itching on elbows, arms, forehead, and scalp. Headache, muscles.

day 4 : things normalize and I start to shed the water weight gain. Left depressive and listless; sorta like the day after getting over the flu... a total loss of energy, apathy, headache.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
flavio said:
That's a pretty sweet condo. What town is this?
It's actually several different condos flav. It's on Longboat Key, Fl. The one with the stainless steel kitchen is about 6000sf, the other ones are about 3000sf.

Kruz

Staff member
Got room for A fellow Buffalonion down there suz?:)
I'm sure there is a pep boys that I can transfer to there huh?:)

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Longboat Key, Fl

I've been pretty near there before. I stayed in Clearwater and St. Pete for a little while 3 years ago. Spent a day in the Salvador Dali museum and then drove on down to Miami for a couple days and then down to Key West.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Professur said:
So I guess you have to have two X's to get a visit from Unc, Eh.;)
Not so... but it sure helps modify the formulae bottom line mileage tolerance factor. *wink wink*