My sister's stuck at the airport

kuulani

A routine security test gone awry threw Honolulu International Airport into turmoil for several hours yesterday, shutting down flights, delaying thousands of passengers and calling into question the efficiency of post-Sept. 11 safety measures.

-Full story in the Honolulu Advertiser

Stupid airport security people, isn't this supposed to be corrected by now!!

BigDadday

Everday People
Sorry to hear it also and from the sounds of it things aren't going to get any better. Heard they lowered the hiring to those without a high school diploma. Nothing wrong in not having one just that I thought all our airports were supposed to be transformed into a very secure place and don't think that is happening.BD

kuulani

I don't know about the airports in other states, but it seems that the people at the airport xray check point in Hawaii can't even speak English. Hello! How are they supposed to stop someone and question them if they can't even speak the language?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I really think they should train people longer than 2 hours for a job before giving it to them.

It sounds like they haven't had much training, or experience, if things go awry that badly

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You got any updates on that airport's security yet? I still think they should force the people they hire to undergo weeks of training, and have at least a high school diploma of some sort.

Preparation is the only way things like this can be avoided.