My new rig overview......

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Well, most of the parts are on order, and I will soon be putting things together. I haven't been around much lately, my main rig is torn down for this "upgrade" .......

Here is an outline:

Abit KR7A-RAID
256mb Crucial DDR
AMD XP1700+
Vantec 6035 Copper
60GB Maxtor Diamondmax ATA100 7200rpm drive for the OS
(2) 30GB Maxtor Diamondmax ATA100 7200rpm drives in RAID level 0
Plextor 24x CDRW
Creative 16x DVD drive
ATI Radeon 7500
Turtle Beach Santa Cruz soundcard
Zoom PCI v.92 56K modem
Win XP Pro OS
All wrapped up in an Antec SX1030B case w/300w Antec PS

See any problem areas? I can't wait!!!

:beerchug:

Acid

stud
Ok..here they are.

You ordered a modem. You bought WinXP. You bought an old(er) sound card. You should have pressed for 512megs DDR.

That's it. Your pc still is better than mine tho :p

AMDnut

Well, I'm to cheap for anything more than dial up, especially since I have broadband at work so the modem was kind of a compromise.....

WinXP cost me $5 from the university!;)

The Santa Cruz is older, but it is still one of the tops. I've sworn off soundblaster due to past troubles.....

I know what you mean with the DDR........ wish I could have gotten 512mb. Maybe when prices come down a bit, if they do......

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Nice system. The only potential weak spot that I see is that you may want a vid card upgrade in the near future. What memory's on that 7500?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Looks nice here. The case is a nice one. I've got the SX1240 series from that line with a 400w. Overall a nice looking rig. What you gonna overclock that sumbitch to? :D

AMDnut

Memory on the 7500 is 64mb DDR. I'm not a big gamer, more graphics worker, so the 7500 should do for a while........ at least 6 months!:D

Fury - I'm hoping to get to 2000+ speeds!!! That may be shooting high, but I should be able to hit 1900+ speeds fairly easily.... I hope!!!