My LODE RUNNER Adventure

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I recently decided I wanted to play Lode Runner again, it had been ages since I last played it on my Atari and it had come up in conversation more than once in the last few weeks.

I found the original pretty quickly, a few claiming to be the original, though I'm still not sure which is the first.

I wanted one that was easy to run though, all the original ones were ROMS that needed EMULATORS, and they werea all a bitch to set up!

Then, when reading one page, I read a few comments on the game, posted by fellow reads, and it read something like this:
"It's not LOAD Runner, it's LODE Runner. And it's IS the best game of all time."

That is when I realized that I had been searching for the wrong name of the game!

Upon searching for "LODE RUNNER", I came to discover that the game had been professionally remade, and more than once I might add.

Load Runner 2 was a 3-d game, it didn't look very appealing in the least!

Then there was Lode Runner: The Legend Returns, and Load Runner Online: The Mad Monks Revenge. Both are the same game, but the second obviously has online play, and of course, new levels. Created by Sierra (I think. I read A LOT of webpages last night...), the new Lode Runner games did an excellent job of keeping alive the classic game. The new features only added to the experience, the updated game is as addictive as ever. The map editor in game means the game will live for ever as there are SO MANY maps out there now!

Eventually, after narrowing down my search at Google I finally found a full version of one of the new Lode Runner games, Lode Runner: The Legend Returns. I had suffered through countless ROMS, DEMOS, remakes and rereleases that I my head was about to explode, and finally my persistance paid off!

I had fianlly found what I had spent the last too many hours searching for!

Was it so much to ask for a download of the full game of either of the new Lode Runner releases?

Now I'm going to hunt down the original 150 levels, remade for the new version.

Well, there's a nice long post/review, let's get talking!

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go play it.

Wait, I have to go to the library, they're accusing me of not returning a book when I already rturned it, a day BEFORE it was due no less.

Wait, my laundry is still wet, I gotta finsh that before I can go out, otherwise I'd be too exposed for a library.

So I AM goign to play Lode Runner =)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Brainy, I saw a desperate broadcast here and there referring to LODE RUNNER, and while I had no clue what it was, I felt your pain. I am equally ecstatic that your dilligence paid off and you have been rewarded with the spoils!

ok ok, maybe I've been reading too many posts by Victor....I'm really happy for ya! :D

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Nope, never heard of Lode Runner, but I assume it is a game. As person who can only manage to drive her racecar backwards and/or on the wall in PS, I think it's best I don't know. :D

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Q:I think you should play the game "Catch the Sperm" it's this game where you have to shoot condoms and catch sperm and diseases in them. If you let any diseases go past you lose. I can't play very many games but I managed to master that one!