MS wants to tell you where to go today.

S

s4

I don't care how great Windows XP is supposed to be or how many people swear by it. I am not going to upgrade no matter what. I bought WinME, and MS didn't release a second edition like Win98 had. Microsoft is putting these os's out as fast as consumers buy them. They are going to keep doing that as long as people buy them and aren't going to put out an os that has the people in mind. They only care about themselves.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Another extremely arrogant and stupid move by Microsoft.

The URL "autocorrection" in Office XP isn't a good feature, and neither are these dumb ass "smart tags" that they're implanting in IE.

Microsoft DOES NOT own the web. Microsoft DOES NOT control the web. I would like for it to stay that way.

Where the hell is Bill getting these ideas? Out of his ass?!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
just the fact that one is forced to reigster is enough for me-NO XP FOR ME

a13antichrist

Moderator from Hell
This is actually rather old news (~ a month) and MS has since anounced that they won't be adding this feature into XP versions of IE, however they do hope to add a similar capability sometime in the future.

The feature, while not exactly "top of the pops" for web-designers or power users, could actually be highly beneficial for some users. At the moment it only links to MS sites but if it could be set up to produce links to many differnet companies it could become a very useful tool. Plus the feature was to be disabled by default so it wouldn't bother you if you didn't want it.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
But he's right about M$ dropping the feature. Thank God. Now if they'd drop that pesky re-register when you upgrade hardware BS, they'd be headed in the right direction.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Thats the truth homey, I just hate that part too. I work on my machine way to much to have to be bothered with that kinda crap...

:cool: