More questions

BigDadday

Everday People
Should have my own forum inside this one where I ask away all day.:D

OK I am having problems with my sound card but that is ok I downloaded the new version but I must be having some conflicts because when I do install it then my E n F cd drives won't work and my external zip will not either. If I take it out all is fine

Next!!

I am having PCI Mass storage in my devices and this to me are my two hard drives but how do I get them recognized? Where are the drivers for them etc?

C+D are using MS-DOS compatability mode file system and this I take it is from my drives once again?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got the latest drivers for your chipset? (I think someone told you which set of drivers to get a few threads ago, but I'm often mistaken)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yep. The mass storage devices are probably on-board ATA 100 IDE ports, and the drivers for those are on the mobo CD (usually, it's a Promise driver).

Install those mobo drivers, BD.

BigDadday

Everday People
need to getthe update once again for my soundblaster card as it is not working properly. Anyone know the addy? it's a sondblaster live X-Gamer and when I went and upgraded to a PIII it was not compatible. BD

BigDadday

Everday People
What is burning me now is that I cannot access a certain file from my copy of windows so I am having to uninstall that version so I can use my disk.:(

Thnx for that info Huge!

She makes me smile when I see here as well so thnx for that avatar.:)

BigDadday

Everday People
Well now to reinstall the other os after I get all of my important things on FIRST! I'm learning and learning every day it seems.:)

BigDadday

Everday People
Have installed the complete mobo cd and still nothing. What am I missing? It is an Abit mobo that has been flashed bios wise and is running a PIII 1gig and that is why the problems with the sound card.

BigDadday

Everday People
Got it over for now and now some r n r as this is frustrating as you all know.thnx for now will ask away again how soon I don't know.:)

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
BigDadday said:
Thnx for that info Huge!

She makes me smile when I see here as well so thnx for that avatar.:)

Enjoy her (come on; now if I could get rid of her bf, my life would be complete! :sigh: ). Now I probably won't see her again since I got laid off (& she's the troublemaker between us; go figure...) :(

Attachments

• susan.jpg
    susan.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 15

Kruz

Staff member
BD ....look for the "hotrod 66" floppy or disc that came with the motherboard...or you can download them from Abit's web sight

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I wonder if you're experiencing resource share problems with that sound card. BD, have you tried it with the sound card in a different PCI slot?