More History lost: Original Xibase ActiveList coming done

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
The original AL is coming done soon. Sam unfortunately never got his cable to take it over, and no regular forum members use it. The members that use the other AL seem to hate this one for being down sometimes, but when theirs goes down they don't blink. Not even when the DB is lost do they speak against it.

No one has shown any appreciation of the time Nix has put into keeping it running and she's asked me to post saying it's coming done. You already know that however, if you actually used it.

Unless a few people have some objections, which I doubt I'll find anywhere here in the forums, the original Xibase ActiveList is going down on Monday, September 10, 2001.

Thank you for your time.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I think both ALs are a pain in the ass. They're both down a lot. I get more pop ups about being unable to connect then I ever get messages.

That being said I would like to keep one or both around. I didn't realize so much work went into having one. I thought you pretty much set it up and left the computer on.

Sorry to here about the lay off. What happened there?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Anyone who has ever run an AL will tell you it crashes a crapload; it always used to crash when I was at work and couldn't do a thing until I got home. Let's hope AOL will eventually release a non-beta version of ICQ :rolleyes:

Sorry to see the list die this way...