Monitor Question!!

trinity1

1 of 3
I am currently using a no frills P&P 19" monitor which I will be donating to a family member in need. I had ordered and I am awaiting a 19" Trinitron monitor. For those more experienced with this matter, will I be pleasantly surprised or sadly disappointed with the expectation of a sweet, beautiful crisp image??

While you're reading this, what's your opinion about the adjustable refresh rates at our disposal? I just adjusted mine from 85Hz to 75Hz, and I am not sure if I see a difference!

Please feel free to throw out any comments- thanks.:)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Donate your 19" to me and I'll donate my 15" to the in need family member:lol:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I usually leave the refresh rate at optimal unless it's creating a problem (fuzzy image, etc.).

About the image difference, it's hard to say without knowing what the old monitor was. I've seen some darn good no-name P&P montiors in my time.

Wetling

Better Than You
I really liked my 17" Sony Trinitron. In fact, I liked it so much, I went out and bought the 19" version.

You hardly even notice those two wires.

Inkara1

Yeah, the Trinitron monitors have two faint wires going across the screen to stabilize it. I don't really notice them anymore, after having my 17" Trinitron for nearly 3 1/2 years.

dimme

I also have a Sony Trinitron on one of my systems, 21" and you only notice the faint damper wires if you look hard enough yet some people can't stand them.