monitor blurriness

LiViNtOoLiVe

The man, thas rite THE MAN!!!!!!!!!
i have a dell p780 flat screenb monitor 17inches. i have the tnt2.
and i just changed my resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768. its really blurry, my refresh rate is at optimal but i checked all of the refresh rate's and none of dem make it non blurry. ne1 can make it non blurry fer me?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It may just be that your monitor can't handle the resolution with the same sharpness as it can at lower resolution.

My KDS 19 incher has razor sharp images at 1280x960 and below, but at 1600x1200, it gets a visibly fuzzy.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Fury is right, it may not be able to handle the higher res that well. Another thing to try though...... if you are running Win98 and have "font smoothing" enabled, you might get better readability with it turned off. Try disabling font smoothing and see what happens...... Winblows will slightly "blur" the font edges to help things look less jagged.

Go to "Display Properties" and "Effects" and uncheck "Smooth Edges of Screen Fonts" and see if that helps you any....

Attachments

• font smootha.jpg
    font smootha.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 20
S

s4

I had a KDS 17" XF-70. The graphics were excellent at 1024x768. It's too bad the monitor blew out.

systembuilder

Folding@home
p780 flat screen monitor can display 1280x960 no prob
i'd say if its new send it back for a new one if not get it repaired

LiViNtOoLiVe

The man, thas rite THE MAN!!!!!!!!!
ok i just wasnt used to it. i just thought that it was takin too long cuz qit my other monitor when i changed it, it only took like 2 days to get used to it but now it was takin like a month. but now im used to it so its all good. thanks ppl!