Mets acquire Alomar from Indians in 8-player deal

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/news/2001/12/11/mets_indians_ap/]
BOSTON (AP) -- The phone bills and scratched-out names on pads of paper prove how much the New York Mets wanted Roberto Alomar.

The relentless approach by general manager Steve Phillips paid off Tuesday, when the Mets completed a blockbuster eight-player deal with Cleveland to bring the All-Star second baseman to New York.

"We sit up in that room and all we do is dream all day about different scenarios," Phillips said. "I have to admit that I thought this was a long shot. Even as late as midafternoon yesterday I thought it was a long shot. I didn't know if we would be able to come up with the right configuration."
[/QUOTEURL]

Read the full story above. I've heard that Allomar is one of the greatest second basemen in the history of the game. I don't know if that is true, but the Mets must have wanted him on team pretty bad.

BigDadday

Everday People
Give Cleveland a few more years and you'll be able to go down to Jacobs field and get in without waiting and sit where you want because even then that small stadium will have to many seats. Stupid Indians are in a downward spiral and we are out of the races now.:(

Surprised Omar is still here and what now we traded all our young prospects away and how are they doing? Great of course!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Inkara: I agree. People that spit on cops don't get off easy, do they? Respect my authoritah :rolleyes:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, mine's metal. His is wooden. So, I'm not gallagher. That watermelon still ain't safe though. *gobbles it up* :D

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
I think I got another pair of dirty underwear in here somewhere... Woohoo, I found 2 pairs stuck together! Muahahaha! :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You're already wearing one. What are you going to do, use them as gloves? :retard:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Only 3 of me? I thought for sure I had 9 others helping me post all this...

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
3 ON you, not OF you. Man, get your eyesight checked, all this posting 300 posts a day is destroying your eyes! :eek:

Also, in case anyone cares, the White Sox helped themselves to Kenny Lofton from Cleveland's fire sale.