'Lord of the Rings' Begins Fantastical Journey

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
LONDON (Reuters) - ``The Lord of the Rings'' begins its fantastical journey Wednesday with the mammoth fantasy being released in 10,000 theaters around the world.

The $270 million epic, which took New Zealand director Peter Jackson 18 grueling months to make with a cast of 2,400, has already been acclaimed by critics as a masterpiece.
story

So anyone going to see this movie. We have a guy here at work actually taking off early to go and see it. Bought his tickets on monday.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
HEY BRO.......

Jus' saw it w/ Mark an' Brandonie this weekend. Dang! It was awesome! 'Ave ya ever seen a flick at the new, "Rave" theatre, (out south)?
It made it extra cool!:)

Professur

Mushroom at large
Just saw it. Great flick. True to the books. Don't expect an ending, coz there ain't one ... til the third flick. Awesome panoramas and the dwarven city was ... unbelievable. A couple of bung-ups where you can easily tell that the people are comp-gen, but not enough to distract.

Worth the money. Video will not do it justice.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'd give it an A-. They skipped two pieces of the book (that I know of) and really overstated one ither piece, but overall they did a great job.

Prof is right. Moria was extremely well done, and video will not do it justice.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Just replaced my DVD player, bought the widescreen version & fuck why didn't I see it in the theatre??? Great flick. Even my kid thinks he's an elf now. He's watched it daily for a week.

You know where we'll be in Dec...until then, qt has the Two Towers trailer

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I've got the pre-movie on CD-ROM...actually, 4 CD-ROM's. Easier to just plug the DVD in though. hehehe

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Noite, they are releasing 2 extra stuff DVDs. One in November & the other, I forget when. I think #2 has :30 minutes of additional footage.