Living the IT Intern Life...

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
While sizing up as the Computer "GENIUS" at my college I suppose? Trying to stagger that grim 4.0GPA status and learning soon to take MSCE and A+ exams can be the worst or else rewarding towards the goal in a IT arena. I started my 3rd College at Rhodes College after dealing with my ordeals at my 2 previous Colleges, DeVry(P.O.S. CIS BSS), and the Art Institute of Phoenix(3D graphics/Web Hosting). BLEHHH:sick:

Not to shabby to be truely of legal age to drink and be an adult(?) 21 After 21 years of sufferiing :cry: Haha well, I must commend my parents to put up with my stuff as I try to find my path in life who are far back to my home back in Hawaii. Do I ever miss Hawaii??? Maybe the Wahine's but the stories I hear, Party/Drink/Get Laid/stay laid back at just stay at the beach all day? Ummmmm no thanx. Maybe when i'm an old old GEEZER then i'll enjoy my home as paradise again.

Anyhow when I first started out at Rhodes College, just a lil student hoping to learn computers ASAP. Thanking my previous time at my previous colleges to finish most of my General ED courses, i'm pretty bumped up to ahead of the pack with credits and the computer brains. My IT admin didn't think of me much until I started visiting his office time to time wondering what new gadgets of destruction he's supposedly going to build when he has the time. Impressing him with my hardware knowledge base and proving that I can't even get an employer to higher my butt, ended up getting an Intern spot at my school. Oh what love! Sure enough, I became his gopher/peon but I can't do much since my IT Admin has a estimated 20+ Certifications in many Computer fields!? :eek2: even more... :scared: Must obey him :) Couple of days, having a workout moving old computer junk all around the campus grounds, even down to this so-called basement that was a racket court:lurk: !!! HUFF HUFF! Hey did my legs get bigger or did they become so sexy like a women's thats a fox hound?? Well I am sexy in a dress... :eek2: Haha :D ;)... that's another story in the shadows......... :lol:

To sort more fun out, rearranging computers from a desktop form to a Tower was fun(yea right.. gimme more!!) Sure I did, converted 30+ computers! One day, I and couple helpers had to "Blow out"(ReImaging) and Image down to 3 Computer rooms from about 8-28 computers per room. Crazy day, sad part, you'd be in room for about 1+hours to setup the computers since it was just a basic Winnt 4.0 Image with cab files to install the OS. everything else, Applications installed from the Network. OMG was hella crazy. And in about 6weeks, this will happen again! This time is dealing with Win2k. I wish my IT admin would listen to me to follow the MS procedures of how to properly Image a MS OS machine instead of believing IMAGECAST can just do it better without following MS rules. Sigh.. well that's all for now.

As for all the hours I put in as an Network Administration Intern, I get 1 Class credits for about 40hours of work I think. Max is 2 i think. But the best is that I am gaining experience to put on my resume. Someone will find me as a supreme ally in their pocket someday :rolleyes:

I suppose???

S

s4

Sorry to not answer sooner tamago, but i'm engaged in a lively discussion over the colors here in chat.

Sounds like you have some good things going for yourself. Keep up the good work!!!

Btw, I really dislike Microsoft. They are way too greedy.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
While you're at it, would you move the 21" monitors 6' over your head & place the laptops on the counter...thanks:D

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Soon grasshopper, you to will not be refered to as "gopher"
Or is that my young padewon? muwahahaha