Lives that were lost...

BigDadday

Everday People
Just am listening to the background of CNN and they just said that there wer 40 different countries that lost people in the attack. Thought I'd share that and maybe that is yet one more reason that so many are behind us.

Professur

Mushroom at large
That might be a reason. But I think the real reason is that this time, they just plain went too far.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I say both, with some serious leaning towards Prof's as the main harbinger if thier collective downfall. Lets hear it for the NATO Alliance led by the USA.

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Hiyas
It is the loss of life in those attacks. When trying to reason a US response should be. Ratchets it into a response of War against terrorism, without any compromising. If it were a few deaths and downed buildings. US options considered would most likely be less severe. Not a revenge motive, its a response to someone trying to kill you.
The people killed the way they were attacked. The supposed reason by the terrorists. The provagation the US has supposedly had done to the terrorists is non-existent. For all their beliefs of martyr and heroism seen by their comrades in US's eyes is irrational.
It will be those who have died to push the US into this War on terrorism. It will be our own survival that we'll be fighting it. A good start is formation of thousand man firing squads. The idea of a body being shot a thousand times, mangeled beyond recognition as a human form. Terrorists may rethink their afterlife, theres no use for red blobs shoveled up into plastic bags were they think their going.
Bronto

BigDadday

Everday People
Bronto these nutcases live for dying so they can go straight to heaven so I don't think that will change their thinking but just encourage them to die more. Let's get to them as quickly as possible and that there would have the impact of messing up their journey to get there. Just a thought!BD

flavio

superfly
Staff member
A good start is formation of thousand man firing squads. The idea of a body being shot a thousand times, mangeled beyond recognition as a human form.

You're not really serious right?

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
The talk of late of what will happened to captured terrorists, will be send them to jail. Thought thousand man firing squade may deter new terrorists. The Russians cut their balls off & stuff them in their mouth, ripped out their guts, and dropped the body off at their leaders door step. The effect was no further trouble from those terrorists on the Russians. I think a lawn bag full of mush dropped off at terrorist recruitment sites may leave an impression. It is even civilized, and in War a legitamate form of excecution for savatours.