krust-ich has his t-bone 1.33

K

krusty

and an Abit KT7a with 256mb PC2100 ram... now what...someone pls tell me the max expected o/c on air and point me at some reliable o/c pages for this setup.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
mmmm, t-bone ;)

Check the stepping code, it is under the line that says "A1333..."

If the first four letters say AXIA, AVIA, or AZIA, you should be able to expect about 1400-1500, possibly even 1600. It all depends on how good your air cooling is, though. If it's generic like coolermaster OEM heatsinks, I'm surprised you'd even get 1333 out of it. I'd probably get a FOP38 or Glacier 2. the FOP38 you can probably obtain at a local NZ shop, the Glacier 2 can be ordered at OCZ. I think they will be willing to work out an international shipping plan.

Too bad you're not going to be able to use it, though.

PC2100 ram only works in motherboards that use DDR (PC1600, etc, comes in 184 pin sticks) sdram. the KT7A is an SDR (PC133, etc, comes in 168 pin sticks) sdram mobo. :eek: I hope it wasn't me that told you otherwise.

Reliable overclocking page = http://forums.overclockers-network.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

K

krusty

Isnt the KT7a a DDR mobo... my PC supplier guy asured me it was?

lol...OCN will be jealous and make me blow my new system up :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Dude, kill your PC supplier guy! :eek:

Yes, it is a DDR bus mobo, but it still requires PC133 ram!

He didn't outright lie, just forgot to tell you that part.

Wetling

Better Than You
A board like the Asus A7A supports both SDR and DDR RAM.

The only problem is that it's ALI chipset isn't the best. But I've still got my 1.33@1462 with only air (PAL 6035 w/80mm fan). The temps are pretty high (low to mid 50s I think) but I'm sticking a water cooler in it.

K

krusty

Thanks fury & Wetling, the KT7a is being exchanged for either Iwill or Gigabyte mobo that does support DDR ram. :D

I knew that you knew I didnt know what I thought I knew.