John binWalker

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
leave the putz to the N Alliance prisons-hehehe

Captured American to Be Handed Over
By PAULINE JELINEK, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - The American captured along with Taliban fighters is being held by Marines in Afghanistan and will be handed over to U.S. civilian authorities as soon as possible, the Pentagon said Saturday.

How John Walker's case will be handled has not been decided, spokesman Rear Adm. Craig Quigley said. Lawyers from the departments of Defense and Justice are ``working on the way ahead on that,'' he said by phone from the war's command center in Tampa, Fla.

Walker was being held at Camp Rhino, the base for some 1,300 Marines helping in the hunt for Osama bin Laden, Quigley said. The timing of the transfer and where he would go were not clear.

In the meantime, Walker was ``being treated in a manner consistent with protections provided enemy prisoners of war under the Third Geneva Convention,'' said a statement by U.S. Central Command.

The Justice Department has said Americans who have fought for the Taliban or al-Qaida could face treason, murder, conspiracy or other charges. The issue surfaced after the government said three people claiming to be Americans might have been fighting for the Taliban. The two others were later determined not to be American, though they spoke English, Quigley said.

Federal officials have limited their comments about Walker, 20, who gave his name as Abdul Hamid after being caught in a fortress near the northern Afghanistan city of Mazar-e-Sharif.

Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate committee last week that he would not comment on any legal actions to be taken against Walker. But he warned, ``History has not looked kindly upon those who have forsaken their countries to go and fight against their countries.''

Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld declined comment last week when asked if he considered Walker a traitor.

Walker is the only person - either Afghan or any other nationality - being held by Americans in the Afghan campaign, though rebel forces have custody of some 5,000 to 6,000 militiamen, a senior U.S. defense official.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
"The Justice Department has said Americans who have fought for the Taliban or al-Qaida could face treason, murder, conspiracy or other charges."

It makes me sad that there are people in America that actually would fight on the Talibanana's side. :cry2:

Nukie make them go bye-bye :smash:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
he made his bed now it time to lie in it.
Get them all in one prison, get the flame throwers and start singing
"talibans roasting on an open fire"

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Neo
he made his bed now it time to lie in it.
Get them all in one prison, get the flame throwers and start singing
"talibans roasting on an open fire"
Hear, hear! :beerchug:

Gonzo

Staff member
Now that he's in America & is to be tried in a civil justice court, the big question is-did he do anything illegal?

His daddy, Mr binWalker, is saying he didn't mean to harm Americans(questionable) & he DIDN"T harm any Americans. I'm just unsure of any crimes committed by the putz, other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is only a crime of stupidity. This will be an interesting trial to watch.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Technically, he may not have done anything wrong (legal-wise). I don't know. But I am sure of this: Morally, he's just as bad as bin Laden. Period.

Gonzo

Staff member
However, our courts aren't based on morality-at least I hope:worm: