Jaggers POed, MJ has Top Billing

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The world is returing to normal. The congress is back to partisan bickering & now the pop-stars are having a go at it.

It seems that Michael Jackson(who?) has taken top billing away from Mick Jagger in the re-named "United We Stand What More Can I Give" benefit. Jaggers so pissed, he's pulled out of the show. Egos are wonderful things aren't they:smash:

here's the link

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
It was SUPPOSED to be about CHARITY. Not who gets top billing. Apparently MJ has more pull than MJ (uh, you know what I mean).
The REAL question is will Mick have his own CHARITY concert or just fade away.

S

s4

McCartney is going to be part of a big concert in Madison Square Gardens. I think it said on tv that the date was the 12th of next month. The money is going to charity.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
KISS has pulled out also. "paul stanley is getting ready for hip surgery". does that mean the new KISS shows will be wheelchair accessible?:lol:

br0ck

Originally posted by Gonzo
KISS has pulled out also. "paul stanley is getting ready for hip surgery". does that mean the new KISS shows will be wheelchair accessible?:lol:

:D :lol: :D :laugh: :lol: :D

patweb

Whoa, I went to the KISS FAIRWELL concert at Shoreline Amphetheatre. The SWORE it would be their last concert......(or maybe they just said it would be the last tour.)

S

s4

The Who said they'd never do it again, and they came back. Led Zepplin broke up, but Page & Plant put out a Zepplin-like cd. Many groups swear they are breaking up and never going to do it again, but they end up on stage again.

Musicians are fickle.

patweb

Yeah, but when Gene came on stage. He said, this is REALLY it. He slammed those wussy 80's bands that had come back for reunion tours after claiming it was thier last tour. He just about promised all the fans that KISS was not like that.

I am sure noone will complain though. It was the best concert I had been to.

S

s4

It's funny. I grew up during those years when Kiss was popular back in the 1970's. I used to get shit from people because I was a fan of theirs. They made a comeback, and all those people that called them a trash band or plastic band or garbage seemed to be nowhere to be found. I still put on one of their cd's from the old days once in a while. It reminds me of when I was a teenager.

patweb

I never got to see a real KISS concert because they broke up basically when I was in High School. So going to the Farewell Tour was a lot of fun. It would be cool to see them again.