Immortal

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Given the chance, would you chose immortality? The only way to die would be to completely sever your head. You'd not be able to be crippled or maimed for "life". Just living out your existence with mankind eon after eon. In the event of the end of humanity (all species), you'd go to.

Whatta you think?

S

s4

Immortal? Me? No way!

I thought this thread might be about Hulk Hogan. LOL. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
It would be neat to see how humanity progresses each century, but I think I'd probably become bored with myself at or around the time that the average mortal dies. There's a reason for that death stuff, I just haven't quite figured it out yet, but I think it has something to do with having enough experience to be allowed to be bored no matter what you're doing. After you get past that point, you probably don't even WANT to live anymore.

leslie

It would be nice to be fit, healthy and sane longer than what we are, I think, but immortality, no. I think one would plunge into insanity after awhile.

greenfreak

Ever see Bicentennial Man with Robin Williams? He watched all the people he loved die around him over the years. I don't think I would want that.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Oh what an experience that would be. Imagine all the progress youd get to witness first hand. going from ancient times just till now. think of all the great things that have happened and youd be alive to have been able to say "been there, done that" and got the tshirt. I think it would be awsome.

Kruz

Staff member
I'm with neo, I would love to try it... the first 1000 or so years might be tough, but I'd get the hang of it:)

I would not want to be immortal as a human. I however would like to die....whenever it is my time. I would rather be with Jesus after my body dies.

:)

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Gonz, I'm glad ya asked that question!

Actually, we're ALL immortal!!

Bible says, "it is appointed for men to die once, after this comes judgement", (Heb. 9:27) Would'nt be much sense in judgin' a lifeless corpse now would there? No, we live on........

Unfortunately, once we lay down the shells our souls are contained in, many of us will live enternally in punishment, seperated from the presence of our Creator.......

However, others of us will be eternally with our God, an' family an' friends who have believed, an' gone on before us.

Far from imagining the limits of life on earth, there will be such joy an' peace in the presence of our Creator, knowin' an' seein' God as He really is..................bein' with Him, as He originally intended!:)

His offer to be there at that great celebration is extended to all who would believe. 1 Pet. 3:9 offers us a bit of perspective on this concept of a God who does not want any of us to know life apart from Him, "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance".

The interestin' thing about God's law, is that the truth of it does not depend on whether or not we believe it, it jus' IS. I guess, that's why He's God, an' we're not!

Anyhows, that's my story an' I'm stickin' to it!;)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I was talking about in the physical sense Renegade. Settle down :D

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Neo said:
Oh what an experience that would be. Imagine all the progress youd get to witness first hand.

You don't have to be immortal for that! I have seen the evolution of the PC in my lifetime from the original IBM PC to the super computing clusters available today. In my first computer related job I sold IBM XT's in the gray-market. I once sold a 10MB hard drive (full height brick) for over $1000. My first PC was the Coleco Adam and my second was an IBM clone box with 64K of ram, no hard drive and two 5-1/4" full height floppies and mono-graphics card and a 300 baud modem.

God I'm old!

:mad:

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
I would like to live longer (not forever) if that meant having some kind of special power or abilities that would allow me to be above mundane life(living 1000 years having to work 5 days a week to survive WOULD certainly suck).