Imaging WinNT4.0 Wkstations

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
Anyone Good at sending an image down to like 20+ computers and let everything self-run and install everything with an WinNt4.0 OS?

Lastly, our resources lost Norton Ghost Key... ANyone got a spare key??? :confused:

So far, I read tons of crap from the MS database. Sysprep, a tool brought out when Win2k Hit the market for mass cloning essential goodies was suppose to work with WinNT4.0 Alas, MS products tend to be incompatible with certain things afterawhile.

I was able to create a good image of Win2k with Sysprep to have everything in from what my IT admin told me. Only thing was still entering either an answer file or script to tell Sysprep to name computers in a certain order. kind of a |3!Tc# to tinker with. Took me 2days to figure out how to get a good image out to image down to another clone computer.
CRAZY!!!!! HELP HELP!!!!!!!! THE GODLY FUTURE NT ADMIN NEEDS HELP! LOL *Btw i do like Linux but I still yet to learn the essentials* ;)

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Please don't ask for keys. There are other places on the net for the information you are looking for. This is not one of them.

As far as installing NT, have you looked at this?

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
I wasn't serious on the Key asking. :eek2:

Basically that article is nice Huge but my IT ADMIN wants to Image down the image file of NT4.0 without doing so much tasks. Already tried using Sysdiff and alas, running into so much problems it gave me headaches for awhile to tinker with that PoS software by MS. hehe yea yea ::cry2:

time to ponder again:confused:

rrfield

Have you tried ImageCast? I use it at work very often and it works great for imaging NT4, Win2000, Win9x and now WinXP. Simple windows interface, command line imaging if you so desire...the newest version, 4.6, is available for a 30 day trial at www.imagecast.com. It may take 2 hours or so to figure out what options you need for your particular network, but once its working its a dream

richie

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
rrfield: I did say IMAGECAST in my post i think (o.Ô) I'm aware of version 4.6 however we're using version 2.16 I believe. Ancient :D
This past friday, I was able to finally get an Image off the Win2k Sysprep Test rig. I'm hoping that the image has worked when I check it out tonight.

We may test out the 4.6 version as my IT admin suggest that I test it out since i told him to try the trial version last week. hehe

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Good to know; I just finished my NT4 server course and this is one aspect that we did not talk about at all.

tamago

(Ô.o) pi?
Win2k NTFS sysprep Image 2.4gig Image Perfected! w00t!
Finally I got an image for Win2k. YEAH! Downside, doing to be a long time to finish sending the image to about 26computers over the network lines with a 2.4gig image. YIKES :eek:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
2.4 should take around 15-20 minutes if your on a 100mb ethernet. I just moved a 5.7 gb folder across our net and it took about 35 min.