If I was to trade my TNT2 Ultra with a GeForce2 MX.........

dimme

If I was to trade my TNT2 Ultra for a GeForce 2 MX with a guy who has the GeForce2 MX, how much should I give him in cash with the TNT2 Ultra?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'd guess around $20-40 depending on the quality of the cards. If your TNT2 is in good condition, and his Geforce2 MX has been battered and bruised, $20

If you've abused your TNT2 Ultra and he treated his GF2MX like a queen, $40

S

s4

You aren't going to know that until you trade if it is on the web. My advice is to sell your card and buy a new one.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
my nephew got a geforce2 card at best buy on Monday for $79.99.......use that as an example.

Deanril

Hmmmm ,not mnuch of an upgrade ,there are different "GF2 MX" there is a mx 200 (junk not much faster then your ultra) then a MX which would be good ,$30 would be fine trade ,then MX400 ,then 64mb GFMX.

Why dont you go to Pricewatch.com and price an Ultra ,and price whatever model GF2mx he is trading and pay the difference.

And as far as beat-up?????? I plug them in ,either they work or they dont work ,I would love to see what the video looks like on a "beat-up" video car, I have never experienced this ,I have overclocked my cards heavily ,but the video 3d/23 is superb ,even moreso if ran at default clocks.

dimme

Well my TNT2 Ultra (Creative 3Dblaster) hasn't been overclocked or anything and it is in very good shape, looks like new. His GF2 MX hasn't been overclocked, he only put it in the computer and ran what he wanted to run. He bought his card for $90. I just checked the prices and a new GF2 MX400 64MB costs $75 here in sweden whereas the TNT2 Ultra costs $70. His card is an MX (not MX200/MX400) and none of the cards have TV-output.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Ack, I didn't realize the prices there were so odd...

Regardless, the Geforce2 MX is more than a $5 upgrade to a TNT2. Give him $10-15 and call it even. :smash: