icq with activelist capability for mandrake

S

s4

I want to get rid of the evil microsoft on my computer and go to Mandrake. Can I use icq and activelists with linux?

S

s4

I am surfing the web with Mandrake 7 as I speak. The evil MS is not on my hard drive. It took me an hour to install and get the modem/internet working.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Alright dude...congradulations. i know you can use licq but i dont think that the AL works.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I have yet to find a ICQ for Linux that works with the AL's. Sorry about the bad news. :(

S

s4

The only thing I don't like is the fonts. Has KDE 2 improved on the fonts any? I'm using Mandrake 7, but am thinking about getting version 8. These fonts look terrible.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I think 8 is a great improvment over 7. just my opinion, but i switched to 8 . I think i have more control over the system.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I never had any luck finding one either! Isn't that unbelievable?! I would have thought that with all the ICQ clones out there, there would be atleast ONE with AL support!

Going to Drake any day now on this machine too. Just need a bootable copy of Win98 SE now, I'm using Win98 and Drake I think

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
ICQ has published a pure Java version for Linux but I haven't been able to get it to load yet.