Ice Storm

br0ck

Branches are down, and the streets are a mess here and 20,000 people are without power. Rain and sleet last night made our town a skating rink! The thing that is bothering me is they are calling for more of this rotten weather!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I have all the windows open and a nice little fan on me. I'm wearing shorts and a tank top and I'm delightfully comfortable. :D

alex

Nice and warm hear in North Alabama. Starting to cloud up though. Expecting storms tonight then cooling off. Yesterday was absolutly beautiful.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I can't get that damn video thing to work. It keeps saying buffering, please wait, then it says stopped. :mad:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Q refues to allow pics. C'mon, it's time to ante up.

We didn't have it bad in FW, but less than 20 miles north & west of here, they are under "state of emergencies" because of the ice. Hell, Chicago had a foot of snow out of this storm. Look out east coast.

greenfreak

We just had misty rain today, nothing major, with the forecast for the same for tomorrow. Then Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be sunny and back to 40.

Brock, once you get the power back and the sun comes out, you should get out there with a camera. We had an ice storm a few years ago, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen once the sun came out-all the trees and bushes were encased in ice. In the meantime, hope you and yours are safe and warm!

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Gonzo said:
Q refues to allow pics. C'mon, it's time to ante up.
Not true. After I get my purple item you are sending me, I can put the camera software on that machine. Then you will see some pics :p

br0ck

greenfreak said:

Brock, once you get the power back and the sun comes out, you should get out there with a camera. We had an ice storm a few years ago, and it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen once the sun came out-all the trees and bushes were encased in ice. In the meantime, hope you and yours are safe and warm!

I know, the trees and grass looks pristine. I live near a Metropark and it looked absolutley beautiful.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Q said:
I have all the windows open and a nice little fan on me. I'm wearing shorts and a tank top and I'm delightfully comfortable. :D

I was doing that a week ago (it was in the 60s here in January, which is record heat), and I live near CHICAGO! :eek: Winter finally arrived 2 days ago (at least it held out this long :) ) and dumped 18 inches of snow on us in 3 days. That's nothing compared to last year, believe me. The whole area is now prepared for any winter storm with more salt/plow trucks than total parking spaces in Chicago. This was a drive in the park for them. :D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
66 degrees here this AM, but we're expecting possible snow next week. Wierd stuff.