I think superstition is superstupid.

kuulani

renegade - It would be ideal if everyone could walk a mile in someone else's shoes, that would put an end to most disputes, I think. Sadly, most humans aren't capable of that.

wdeep - Yup, I've only been in one building that had a 13th floor (Executive Plaza, downtown Honolulu), which shocked me 'cause that usually never happens. But what is kinda silly is that when you're on the "14th" floor, you're still actually on the "13th" floor ... I guess it puts people at ease though.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
what? The Executive downtown has a 13th floor???

You know, that's the only hotel where I lose my equilibrium and get all dizzy like being sea- sick or something (which is weird cause I don't get sea-sick, not even in the sea :D) .... hmmm....... I get sick there ... it has a 13th floor ... coincidence???????????:lurk:

:D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
nalani said:
fury said:
I'll make you smile, alright :sex:

:cool:

*wondering if you were talking to me or renegade* :eek:

You, of course. :sex:

I was responding to your "or did you conveniently miss the smiley face at the end of my post?" remark. :D

kuulani

nalani said:
what? The Executive downtown has a 13th floor???

You know, that's the only hotel where I lose my equilibrium and get all dizzy like being sea- sick or something (which is weird cause I don't get sea-sick, not even in the sea :D) .... hmmm....... I get sick there ... it has a 13th floor ... coincidence???????????:lurk:

*theme from the x-files* ooh, weird ... I bet the government has something to do with it ... :lurk:

wdeep

fury said:
No shit? Never been in a building taller than 12 before, so I wouldn't know.

Man, you have live a too sheltered life! Everyone should experience going up in a tall building and looking down. Too bad the WTC towers are gone now, but here are a couple of other suggestions.

Chicago: Sears Tower. Now the tallest building in the USA again. The top floor has an observation deck. If you go right up to the glass and look straight down, all the people look like ants. Sometimes you can actually feel the building sway. I've had nightmares about that ever since.

Atlanta: Peachtree Plaza Tower. Tallest hotel in the world. Cylindrical and all glass. There's a glass outside express elevator all the way to the top, where there's a rotating restaurant. Just the elevator ride is enough to take your breath away. Most awesome view in the world whilst eating a fine dinner.

greenfreak

The view from the observation deck of the Empire State Building towards the WTC:

esb_wtc.jpg

View looking down...

ESB_down.jpg

kuulani

I think the tallest building I've been in had only 50-some floors. What would be cool is riding up in one of those glass elevators ... I've never been in one of those.

unclehobart

this is my special title
wdeep said:
fury said:
No shit? Never been in a building taller than 12 before, so I wouldn't know.
Atlanta: Peachtree Plaza Tower. Tallest hotel in the world. Cylindrical and all glass. There's a glass outside express elevator all the way to the top, where there's a rotating restaurant. Just the elevator ride is enough to take your breath away. Most awesome view in the world whilst eating a fine dinner.
I think its the tallest in the western hemisphere now... not the world.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Luck works "if you believe". I believe, therefore it works.

There's nothing wrong with healthy superstition.

Don't walk under a ladder? Something's gonna fall on ya.
Don't open an umbrella indoors? You'll put someone's eye out.

Most non-religious superstitions and old wives tales have a basis in fact. Obscure, maybe, but fact non the less.

BigDadday

Everday People
Then will you kindly tell that darn black cloud that has been following me to go away.

Oh just kidding.NOT!

Now my sister-in-law just died yesterday and what is next I wonder.Operation,job security if I can do my job. NAH i'm not supersticious just plain unlucky then.:(