I set up a new server at work

Discussion in 'Software' started by Neo, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Neo

Neo Administrator Staff Member

dual 600e p3 with 256 mg pc133 and a 4 gig boot drive with dual 18 gig scsi hard drives running raid .
    And best of all its running mandrake 8.2 with kde 3
    Very sweet and fast. also using the nt wins and dns servers for NT authentification. man i love it. not to set it up in the domain and let the fun begin. :D

2. Huge

Huge Holla if you hear me! Staff Member

Can I have one?

3. a13antichrist

a13antichrist Moderator from Hell

4. Brewmeister

Brewmeister New Member

You rebel you

You like stirring up trouble, don't you? Is that approved hardware? Is the OS approved? Best of all, can the other sites see that it exists? Just think of the trouble you could cause if you could get a cable or dsl line in there (for redundancy, of course).

5. Neo

Actually, My NEW boss gave me the go ahead to set it up. they Dont know about the hardware :) But they can see it and I even named it MANDRAKE just so mailboy could see it. Actually we we're looking at cable for that reason. :D

And yes the more stirred trouble the better.

PS you get the package?

6. Brewmeister

Brewmeister New Member

Got it. Thanks.

If you need any assist on that cable line if you get it, give me a yell. Always glad to help cause trouble!:D

Which new boss-the evil little dwarf, or is there something new?:eek:

7. Neo

something new. been there about a month and a half. MCSE and all. seems ok so far, but we'll see how he is when i send him all the info for pay increases and such. :D

8. Professur

Professur Mushroom at large

How sad is it that that once proud server is now overtopped by Palm Pilots?