I Pledge Allegiance

texashoney

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE

Sometimes it takes a kid to point out the source! of what is
wrong with our country...
Since the Pledge of Allegiance and The Lord's Prayer are
not allowed in most public schools anymore because the word "God" is
mentioned....a kid in Arizona wrote the attached NEW School prayer. I liked it....

Now I sit me down in school
Where praying is against the rule
For this great nation under God
Finds mention of Him very odd.

If Scripture now the class recites,
It violates the Bill of Rights.
And anytime my head I bow
Becomes a Federal matter now.
Our hair can be purple, orange or green,
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene.
The law is specifi! c, the law is precise.
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.

For praying in a public hall
Might offend someone with no faith at all.
In silence alone we must meditate,
God's name is prohibited by the state.

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks.
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.
It's "inappropriate" to teach right from wrong,
We're taught that such "judgments" do not belong.

We can get our condoms and birth controls,
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles.
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,
No word of God must reach this crowd.

It's scary here I must confess,
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:
Should I be shot; My soul please take!
Amen

If you aren't ashamed to do this, please pass this on.
Jesus said, " If you are ashamed of me, I will be ashamed of you
before my Father." Not ashamed. Passing this on.

Outlaw69

Banned
I always get a kick out of when some news anchorwoman or man says "Seasons Greetings"...god forbid if they sad Merry Christmas...that would be rude.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I have a personal vendetta against pledging my life to a flag, but I have no problem with American children being indoctrinated in the propaganda of the state as long as, when they get old enough to understand, the implications are explained to them.

Re: prayer in school-a moment of silence is individual-which of the worlds known 5000 religions would you choose to pray with & how do you explain to the other 4,999 your reasoning?

the number I use is for sake of argument and is NOT exact

S

s4

Say Outlaw, you wouldn't happen to know a guy named seclusion would you?

BigDadday

Everday People
Originally posted by Gonzo
I have a personal vendetta against pledging my life to a flag, but I have no problem with American children being indoctrinated in the propaganda of the state as long as, when they get old enough to understand, the implications are explained to them.

Re: prayer in school-a moment of silence is individual-which of the worlds known 5000 religions would you choose to pray with & how do you explain to the other 4,999 your reasoning?

Agreed Gonzo but I often wonder if people who do believe in God as I do stop and ask them selves if there is a heaven for christians,protestants,jews,arabs,whatever?It makes me think that we all will go to one place wqhen the time comes and that place is as good a guess as anyones but if you think about it I think it's really silly to fight over religion in the first place. My opinion of course. BD

Gonzo

Staff member
How about those who do believe in (fill in deity here), take your children & other family members, kneel(or whatever your faith does) and pray in your home. it seems MUCH more personal that way, and you can actually teach your kids YOUR beliefs:eh:

or is that too much trouble

--THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON ANYONE in particular, just at the pompous many who "don't have time, but the school should allow prayer, for the childrens sake"....

texashoney

Gonzo I had time to teach my children my beliefs and my husband's belief. As we are of different faiths. But I still believe that when they took prayers out of our schools they took alot more out. Just my beliefs. Dont mean to start anything here as Im new and dont want to be dubbed the trouble maker.

BigDadday

Everday People
No not taking it as such just am also wondering myself why we are trying to be so politicaly correct in this country when things are and will be changing for all of us. Fact is the bit about Cinci.Ohio is a disgrace as well. We have more important things to be worried about other than them rioting in the streets because a judge rulled a police justified in his action. BD

Gonzo

Staff member
Originally posted by texashoney
Gonzo I had time to teach my children my beliefs and my husband's belief. As we are of different faiths. But I still believe that when they took prayers out of our schools they took alot more out. Just my beliefs. Dont mean to start anything here as Im new and dont want to be dubbed the trouble maker.

Troublemakers are good-IF they actually have something to say besides ****ing ****er mother****ing -you get the idea

BigDadday

Everday People
Oh yes I do. I also think they are also good to wake people up from all of the years of the tail wagging the dog and have people start to have priorites once again.

Outlaw69

Banned
I'm opening my own church soon.

its gonna be called the "Teh Chorch of Kool" all denominations welcome, just be cool

BigDadday

Everday People
Careful the next thing we may start doingis making all these chuches pay taxes as well so we can get some of the money they are hoarding and sending back to Rome etc.;)

Outlaw69

Banned
I don't believe any church or shit like that...but I like to think that we believe in a higher power or atleast a higher coolness... that way we are not total ****s to each other, i don't go for all that religious scripture shit...but it would be cool if there was an after-life for us all, and who the **** knows, we all might meet there one day... i'm drunk

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Gonzo

Gonzo,

Sometimes you are just wrong. There is a God, one God and despite your protests it is truth. I can only pray (not take a moment of silence) that someday you too believe this.