I need to know

S

s4

Say I just got Mandrake installed as my main os again. Where can I find Internet Explorer? They seem to have it hid in here with some many apps installed.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Sorry S4, no IE, just Nutscrape, and Mozilla, Opera if you do the download. If not already loaded get the latest version from the web in an RPM format for I586 or I386 (Mandrake or Redhat, Mandrake is 99% Redhat compatible)

S

s4

Sorry Winey, I was being a smartass. I should of put a smilie in there. :smash:

I'm on this 'hate MS' mindset. :beerchug:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
I thought so, but wanted to answer just in case you were serious.

Besides "I hate MS" is the correct frame of mind to be in. Especially since they paid off GW Bush to drop pursuing the Breakup Plan. The Bastards!!!

S

s4

I like to avoid politics if I can. I just don't like what MS is doing these days. :cry:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Konqueror is there too-S4, don't lie-you love GWB donchya?huh? admit it-we can tell. :lurk:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why you'd want to, but you can run Windows as well as a lot of Windows programs with an emulation software like wine or vmware.

If you just want an internet explorer emulator for your linux computer and not the whole Windblows operating system, that will be hard to do since the only way to lock a linux machine up is to kill one of its pieces of hardware :laugh:

S

s4

I like my Linux just the way it is without any MS files on it. My only real cause of confusion is with compression programs. The Windows programs like WinRar and WinZip are easier to use than Linux programs. I also have problems understanding how to install Linux programs and how to compile source code to make a program run.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by s4
I like my Linux just the way it is without any MS files on it. My only real cause of confusion is with compression programs. The Windows programs like WinRar and WinZip are easier to use than Linux programs. I also have problems understanding how to install Linux programs and how to compile source code to make a program run.
yea, what he said