I need cooling advice

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
http://www.clear-viewtech.com/v4.html
This is my case, see the 4 fan holes? Which way should I point the fans in regards to each hole? I assume I want the one on the top to suck, since the hot air will be rising and the one on the bottom left (as you're facing the case) to blow since its directly across from the mobo, I'm also guessing the one in the back should blow as well, so it doesn't suck the cool air from the left fan before it gets to the mobo...and this would make the front fan a sucker...??? or not?? I don't want a tornado in there with all the air swirling around doing nothing.
The fans are 92mm panaflos which mount right on the self tapping screws of the grates. (and this part has nothing to do with performance, but each fan has 2 coolie leds, which I think will create a stunning ambience in there! )

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
"Q" im not sure on your answer, But i want a case like that! It is awsome. Someday when i get older i will have one of those...

:wave:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I know NEO!!! I looked at cases for over a month I bet, trying to decide. The day I ordered it I attempted to order a different one and the order didn't go through, I don't remember why. I had seen the link to clearview posted by TNproud2B at HWC about a month earlier and said the hell with these other cases...that's the one I want!
...And if I were single, I'd put it on wheels and walk it around like a dog. It's a man-magnet, I tell ya!:D

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
I'd do front and sidxe in, top and back out. That should provide pretty good airflow.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at the top picture, starting at the top mount and going clockwise: Suck, blow, blow, suck

You always want something that's facing the motherboard to blow because it will displace some of the heat there that would otherwise build up because there's a hot-spot, aka no fans blowing it away (heat buildup is a common cause of premature hardware death)

Like you said, heat rises, so keep the fans near the top and back of the case sucking

And as for that case, I am NEVER getting one.

Why? Because my hardware doesn't like EMI, and it is unshielded by that clear casing. :smash:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Looks like you two agree here.
Suck blow blow suck, that's what kirk always says too :confused: ...oh, I mean thank-you. :D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
When I had my t-1000 case, I had a total of 5 fans (including the p/s). Front fan sucks air in, two fans on the side sucks air in and the rear 2 blow air out. Some people complained what a bad case that was, but I thought it was very well built and easy to work in. Plus the fans would put me to sleep! Ahhh..the days of crunching seti...

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Q while youre waiting on the rest of the hardware just let me borrow that case. I will break it in for you :lol:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
That guy said he was going to bring the monitor and vid card over this weekend....he's not here yet:mad: :cry: Sometimes I like to plug in the power supply and pretend.
1Cry.gif

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Well the weekend came and went...no vid card...no monitor :cry:

I even looked in the paper for a used 15" monitor, but there weren't any. :(

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Thta's crap. You shouldn't have to pay for a 15" when you already have a 21" lined up. Is there any way you can put pressure on this dweeb?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I'm thinkin' if I get too obnoxious, he'll just sell it to somebody else and it is a sweet deal....but shit, this was supposed to be my anniversary present, and that was over a month ago.:(

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
Originally posted by HomeLAN
I'd do front and sidxe in, top and back out. That should provide pretty good airflow.

My thoughts exactly. That's the way mine is too. Don't forget the PSU fan blows out too.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
**NEWS FLASH** I got the monitor!! ....and it's too heavy for my temporary desk. I have constructed a make-shift desk, out of 1/2"plywood and 2x4's until the marble one I'm working on is done. I may have to attach a piece of 1/2" pylwood to the other one and add a few more 2x4's and anchor those to studs in the walls. It never occurred to me this monitor would weigh significantly more than I do.:cry:

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Yeah, those big mama's carry some poundage.

Whoa, there Q! I meant the monitor, not you! :D