I just cut the hell out my finger

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I was trying to slice a frozen bagel like an idiot. The serated knife slipped off and cut my finger pretty deep. I can still move it fine (except for the fact that it's all wrapped up in gauze and tape).

I'm flying to Ohio tonight for a week too, justy what I needed to start off the itinerary.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
cut hand, ohio. flying-hmmm, maybe it's telling you something :grin:

ris

i am my my own evil twin
i have so many scars on my fingers from college model-making.

surgical scalpel blade + soft flesh = messy desk :)

and now i teach the same course i did i get to show the students the scars, tell them gruesome stories and watch them do it themselves weeks later :laugh:

have fun in ohio and happy recovery

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
My friend did that once. He used one of those big meat knives to cut a frozen bagel and had to be taken to the hospital. My mom also cut her thumb off on a can lid after she opened with the can opener, They reattached it though. SHe can use it and stuff.

I cut the hell out of my entire arm once when I put my fist through a cheap glass window. I still have scars that look like I tried to kill myself.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I think these freakin' bagels are responsible for a lot of injuries.

Evil little things.

I've heard of can cuts but losing a finger? Geesh.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by DarkPrincess
I cut the hell out of my entire arm once when I put my fist through a cheap glass window. I still have scars that look like I tried to kill myself.

Hey me too! Did blood squirt out filling the window sill? 37 stitches in 3 layers. Originally had two holes going down past the forearm bone but they cut it into one to make stitching easier.
:sick:

HavoK

Sayian Elite
Flavio, I did almost the same thing as you but I cut deep into my palm and still have a half inch scar on that hand...bagels are both good and evil...little buggers!

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
These stories are lovely!

I ran into a wall once, on my dad's b-day (Dec 31) and had to go t to the hospital for 3 stiches. Was running around and around and SMACK into the freshly plastered wall; my mom had just plastered the corners that afternoon: nice and sharp...

A few years later at the family's friend's house, me and their kids were running down the hallway and sliding across their leather couch. I went too far, hit my head on the wall unit and was taken to the hospital for 2 stitches. We never did that again....

I know, tame compared to you guys, but I was young and am only 18 yet, I've got plenty of time to severly wound myself yet!

D

Dark Angel

Originally posted by brainsoft
These stories are lovely!

I ran into a wall once, on my dad's b-day (Dec 31) and had to go t to the hospital for 3 stiches. Was running around and around and SMACK into the freshly plastered wall; my mom had just plastered the corners that afternoon: nice and sharp...

A few years later at the family's friend's house, me and their kids were running down the hallway and sliding across their leather couch. I went too far, hit my head on the wall unit and was taken to the hospital for 2 stitches. We never did that again....

I know, tame compared to you guys, but I was young and am only 18 yet, I've got plenty of time to severly wound myself yet!

:confused:

oh and in that nice little story that you just shared with us......is there a bandaid for Flavio's finger?

K

krusty

why are you cutting frozen bagels?, aren't thawed ones better?

I thought I thawed a puddy tatl... :laugh:

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I have a bandaid for flavio's finger!

Would you like pink, green, or orange?

Bronto

mofo extraordinaire
Hiyas
Another Finger injury story. Cut right index finger on the point portion on a table saw blade. Could feel the blade bouncing off the bone. Trip to the emergency room and Plastic surgery. Betadyne ointment and 3 months later it healed, but was still numb. Took a year to gain feeling back in tip of finger.
Another time shot a 1 3/16" brad nail into my thumb. It didn't hit bone, used pliers to pull it out. Was swollen for about a week.
A nephew was at his nieghboors helping build a shade overhang. A guy who was using the compound saw, cut three fingers off with it. Nephew was saying how he helped look for the fingers in the brush near the saw. Fingers are reattached and operational, after years time.
Complacentcy of routine was fault. There are still variables to warrant using safety proceedures.
Bronto

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I cut off the tip of my thumb with a deli slicer making some guy's sandwich when I worked in a deli. Had to go to the ER for that one; the technician had to seal the blood vessel with some red hot device (hurt like hell, whatever it was).

Here's a tip flav, go to Noah's Bagel's and buy em fresh! :smash:

ris

i am my my own evil twin
like i said, i've seen my students do teh same thing as me.

you can tell when it's hand-in time when most of their left index and middle fingers are bandaged up! :D

i had to have 3 stitches in the side of my wrist when i drove a razorblade into it [sat on drawing board, moved hand down to pick up ruler....]

looks like a nike tick in reverse :lol:

and a mate of mine worked in an industrial bleach factory. everyone there had plastic surgury at some point because of the chemical burns :eek2:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I cut off part of my thumb with a meat slicer when I worked at my dad's sub shop. I also cut the top of my hand open 4 years back. You can still see where the stitches where(only 6). I've got a total of 4 scars on my hands.

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
>>cut hand, ohio. flying-hmmm, maybe it's telling you something <<

That's OJ's alibi too. Right?

unclehobart

this is my special title
middle of right index finger: had a jigsaw cut halfway through the finger while making the obligatory childhood pinewood derby car for the Boyscouts at about the age of 8.

Last joint in left index finger: Was trying to cut through some stout ears of corn with the dullest and cheapest knife in the world. After leaning on the knife for 10 seconds trying to force it to chop through, It finally shot through in a snap. The cheap ass blade warped and came down at like a 45 degree angle towards my left hand. It about took my left index fingertip off. Luckily, as I said earlier, the knife was about as dull as a rolling pin and didn't stand much of a chance of getting through the bone. I still have minimal feeling in that area of the finger.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
PINEWOOD DERBY!

I got second two years in a row. Although that's pretty good, it was frustrating to get so close and not win.