i hate age

Acid

stud
ok. i found another girl i like. so i'm wanting to talk to her more, etc, and it's all going well. she doesn't have a date to homecoming, etc. i'm thinking, ask her. blah blah blah.

and my dad steps in to say she's too young, but then says that these other girls that are just a grade ahead, SAME AGE, are old enough.

WHY DOES IT F***ING MATTER?

Acid

stud
the fact is she's not that much younger. and she's in an age group he named, just not THAT grade (she's not dumb, just barely missed cut-off date)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I kinda gotta go with Acid on this one. If she's a grade below because she missed the cut off date then she's prolly only a few months younger....not a big issue, in most cases. Does dad know this girl? Maybe he's basing his judgement on something besides her actual age. If he never met her, I suggest you bring her over and introduce them.
Just out of curiosity....how old is she?

Acid

stud
She should be a sophomore and I'm a senior. She's turning 15 in like 2 weeks and I JUST turned 18.

And her mom asked me if I wanted to take her, so there's no problem.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
you are, by legal definition, an ADULT, she IS 14...listen to your dad

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Agree with Gonz on this one...there are plenty of fish in the sea. It's important you know what is at stake, just in case...

My fish are all taken. :(

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Acid, Acid, Acid....your post led me to believe she was only a grade behind YOU. 3 years is a HUGE difference in high school.

*switches to Gonz's side*

Gonzo

Staff member
Hey, it's no skin off my back. Watch yer ass though, with a mom like that, she's looking for trouble. :shrug: :p

Gonzo

Staff member
both. mom's a moron for allowing such a young daughter to date.

If you already knew her quite well, you might have fallen in love with her.
If that's not the issue, then I would seriously consider if you want to do this.

Age doesn't really matter, but that's usually from the point where BOTH are legally adult...14 - 18 is quite a difference...

But it depends on the person, if you really like her, you're not gonna take out advice anyway :)