I don't want SPACKLE!

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
ok .. so here's the story ... my window in my bedroom has been leaking lately so I wanted to get some caulking up in there to stop the drips. Me and my kids went to WalMart...

My eldest son and I were standing in the Man Section (You know, paints, car batteries, tools, stuff like that) and I was looking for a tube of caulking. He was looking with me and found a tube, picked it up and showed it to me, adamant that that was what I needed ... I told him that it was spackle, and it wasn't the same thing .. he argued with me to just get it and we went back and forth several times, untill..... (can you just see this coming?).....

I finally yelled out, in the middle of the Man Section at WalMart, "I don't want SPACKLE, I want CAULK!!!"

:eek:

my son bursted out laughing ... need I say more? :blush:

:D

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
hehehe .. You are such a true friend .. I'll wait patiently til you find me some caulk ... hehehehehe

greenfreak

You must tell me that you found the right thing because I need caulk also, for the soap dish in my shower. I have the caulk gun, but not the caulk. Is it really the same stuff?? I never knew that. I may be screaming the same thing this weekend when I make my trip to Home Depot.

I'm afraid to go into the man section, I'm proud of you. :D

Squiggy

:eek: NO! gf, you need latex caulk. I was just joking about them being the same thing. Spackle is just plaster...which obviously won't work in a shower.

greenfreak

:laugh:

Thanks guys. So Na, did you get the caulk?? Did you let your son do it or did you do it? I've seen it done plenty of times but never did it myself. I'm sure I'm going to make a mess of it but it's better than calling the landlord to do it. :)

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
omg - you guys are hilphreakinglarious!

gf - I did it myself .. I've gotten pretty good at handling caulk ;)